Location: Oslo, NO, 0277
Company: Lloyds Register
Location:Oslo : Drammensveien 169
Position Type:Employee Regular
We are a leading international provider of classification, compliance & consultancy services to the marine & offshore industry, helping our customers design, construct & operate their assets to the highest levels of safety & performance. We are shaping the industry’s future through the development of novel & innovative technology for the next generation of assets, while continuing to deliver solutions for our customers every day.
Are you committed to a career in marine/offshore? And equally committed to the race to net zero? Then there is simply no better place to work.
It was more than 260 years ago that Lloyd’s Register set up the world’s first marine classification society. We were ahead of our time then, and today, we are still leading the way – with a clear focus on energy transformation within marine and offshore.
Our clients look to us to balance performance, safety and the drive to decarbonisation; and our unique mix of expertise, innovation and technical research capability is set to make a big impact. We now need more expert hands on board to help us do it.
That is why we want to talk to Maritime Surveyors at all levels. You could be a recent graduate with just a few years’ experience, or already working in a technical engineering or surveying role in maritime, marine, or offshore. Maybe you are a ship’s officer or a technical marine professional with a wealth of knowledge and are simply ready for a change?
Whatever reason you might be thinking of looking for a new challenge, we can give you some other very good reasons to jump ship and join us at LR.
You will be in the company of some of the best qualified, best trained and most impressive technical experts in the sector, working for a company with a reputation that’s renowned worldwide. You will also have plenty of freedom to set your own agenda and work in your own way. And that is not something we have had forced on us by the pandemic – flexible and agile working has been our way of life for years. That said, you will not be isolated. There is all the support and backup you need to do a great job, including an enviable training and development programme.
If you are excited about the prospect of changing jobs and helping us change the world, we should talk. Then we can tell you more about our vision for a greener future, the outstanding career opportunities we offer, and our highly competitive salary and benefits packages.
Your daily work will include different activities, such as follow up manufacturing at customer site and survey onboard ships. The work will mainly be executed in the south and east Norway but also rest of Norway when needed. Travel will be required.
- Be responsible for the certification of materials and components for ships and offshore units.
- Survey of marine equipment, machinery, electrical and automation installations at manufacturers intended for ships, offshore installations, and newbuilding’s.
- Survey of hull and machinery and statutory onboard ships and newbuilding’s.
- Regularly meet and interact with our customers and support with technical assistance to clients.
- Following up periodical ship surveys and assessments at customer sites and providing local support both on site and remotely.
- The work is carried out within our geographical area, but some travel must be expected.
You will need:
- Passion for working closely with customers.
- Self-driven and willing to share
- Open to change, proactive, and with a service-minded attitude
- Ability to work individually as well as in a collaborative environment
- Committed to safety
- Good communication skills in Norwegian and English
- Passion for quality systems and the quality of work
Are you interested in this job?
Apply now via the ‘apply’ button and upload your C.V. and cover letter. If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you can contact Mr. Julien Lange (Corporate Recruiter – North Europe), by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Diversity and Inclusion at Lloyd's Register:
Together we are one Lloyd’s Register, committed to developing an inclusive and safe workplace that embraces and celebrates diversity. We strive to ensure that all applicants to LR experience equality of opportunity and fair treatment, because we believe it is the right thing to do. We hope you do too.
The Lloyd's Register Group comprises charities and non-charitable companies, with the latter supporting the charities in their main goal of enhancing the safety of life and property, at sea, on land and in the air - for the benefit of the public and the environment. (Group entities)
Job Segment: Surveyor, Engineer, Electrical, Engineering, Quality, Research