• Would you like to be part of changing the culture for our + 12.000 people at sea and building a sense of belongingness for this population?
• Would you like to engage with people at all levels, and help them and their families through challenges?
Then this exciting role will be the right one for you.Show More
You will be managing our pool of ~1200 mainly European officers and ensure the pool supports the Marine HR vision of delivering Engaged, Qualified and Competitive seafarers to the Maersk Fleet.
You will also be in charge of the E2E management of seafarers from recruitment, performance management, talent management, training, retention and exit.
The manager of the manning office is responsible for supporting our colleagues at sea and their families through their personal challenges and grievances as well as manage external stakeholders in regard to current CBAs, terms & conditions.
At Maersk we value the diversity of our talent and will always strive to recruit the best person for the job – we value diversity in all its forms, including but not limited to: gender, age, nationality, race, sexual orientation, disability or religious beliefs.
We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high performing teams.
The manager of the manning office – North Europe will be in charge of HR crew services under Manning Office North Europe related to recruitment, performance management, talent management, leaves and exit.
• Flag state matters for DIS flag vessels, such as application, reporting and administration
• First point of contact for union related matters
• Maintain excellent relationships with internal as well as external stakeholders
• Continue to be knowledgeable on national and international HR and crewing related legislation and guidelines, ensuring that processes are documented and improved
• Participation in work at Danske Rederier
• Secure emergency response
• Manager of the North Europe Manning Office team of 8 ensuring high engagement and development of our employees
• Handle all issues related to the team including attracting, developing and retaining high talent
• Support Head of Marine People Europe on ensuring aligned standards across all Manning offices globally.
Finally, it is expected that you participate in duties related to Company Head Quarter Marine HR related matters due to the fact that the Manning Office North Europe is located at the Head Quarter.
We are looking for
The ideal candidate will have solid experience and extensive knowledge within the Marine HR industry as well as HR processes.
• have knowledge of the international maritime industry
• have managerial and coaching skills, and previous leadership experience
• are a strong communicator across all levels and good a providing clear directions
• are able to deal with high work pressure
• have a good energy level and positive attitude
In this role it is key that you speak and write Danish at a high level as well as an excellent level of English in speaking and writing.