Marine People Strategy in Marine HR is part of the Fleet Management and Technology Team in Maersk.
We are a newly established team embarking on an exciting journey to strengthen the overall people strategy relating to our 12000 colleagues at sea who manage the daily operations of our vessels onboard.Show More
The Head of Talent and Development is part of the newly established Marine People Strategy team who are embarking on an exciting and challenging journey to strengthen our overall strategy around the professional and general career development of our 12000 seafarers across the globe.
As Head of Talent and development you will lead the team responsible for defining our future talent and development strategy, engaging with various stakeholders internally and externally to build and ensure successful implementation of this strategy across the global Marine HR organisation.
You will work closely with key stakeholders across the organisation to define and design the content of a diverse career development strategy ensuring a robust performance management culture will be the underlying foundation identifying development needs and career opportunities for our seafarers, building a strategy and implementing this which will result in our talent and development programme being a key differentiator for our employees.
At Maersk we value the diversity of our talent and will always strive to recruit the best person for the job – we value diversity in all its forms, including but not limited to: gender, age, nationality, race, sexual orientation, disability or religious beliefs.
We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high performing teams.
You will be building on the overall strategy create the building blocks for the career and professional development programme, based on a robust performance management, for all our seafarers ensuring a diversified strategy and a successful implementation creating the right balance between business needs and tailored opportunities for specific groups of seafarers.
• Identify, develop and implement a diverse portfolio of career and professional development opportunities for our seafarers working across the organisation
• Ensure a robust performance management system and culture is the foundation of the talent and development programme
• Ensure our ambitions with regards to diversity and inclusion are an integrated part of our talent and development programme
• Be a frontrunner with the knowhow on latest developments in new thinking and research that can support or challenge our People Strategy
• Be up to date on talent & performance management innovations and tailor content to ensure we are at the forefront of developing our people
• Identify the training needs required to achieve the agreed strategy and implement in close coordination with the Global training Programme lead
• Actively engage with various departments across the organisation to create opportunities for career development while supporting the business
• Ensure all Marine HR teams understand the opportunities and can identify the candidates for specific opportunities
• Ensure we participate in forums internally and externally regarding diversity and inclusion in the maritime industry
• Closely work with our Marine People teams across the globe regarding implementation of the strategy.
We are looking for
A person who brings enthusiasm and energy to build the talent and development strategy in a global organization - ready to take on this challenge using their capabilities to engage independently with multiple stakeholders internally and externally, to gain insights into new developments and opportunities regarding Talent and Development.
The candidate will lead an enthusiastic team of individuals who will work closely with the other team members in Marine People Strategy and Marine HR to ensure the talent and development strategy is aligned with the overall people strategy of Marine HR.
Furthermore you have:
• Ability to engage and create enthusiasm across the organisation for our new talent and development strategy
• Ambition to innovate how we develop our diverse group of employees across the globe
• Experience with development of talent and development programme in a global organisation
• The ability to manage a diverse group of stakeholders and interests on various levels in the organisation
• Proven expertise in achieving results and successful implementation of a talent and development strategy or part of it
• General experience in the maritime industry beneficial
• The ability to work with remote team members and stakeholders
• Good communication skills.
• Analytical mindset.
• Good presentation skills.
• The ability to comply with agreed governance
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment