Join our global team for a career filled with opportunities to solve challenges both small and large, local and global, simple and complex.
Vessel Manager, Wilhelmsen Ship Management, Norway
If you are passionate by cruise ship operations, highly advanced vessel systems and equipment, and looking to support the most reputable and growing cruise company in its segment, then this position is for you!
To absorb the continuous increase of its cruise managed fleet, Wilhelmsen Ship Management Norway (WSM) is looking for the best suitable candidate to join and reinforce the shore-side team
Managing cruise vessels is both a fascinating human, operational and technical adventure that require full dedication and constant focus on safety and performance. The Vessel Manager is overall responsible for the safe, efficient and environment conscious operation of the vessels assigned, typically 2 Cruise vessels.
The Vessel Manager reports to the Fleet Manager as appropriate. The shipboard management of the assigned vessels reports to the Vessel Manager.
In matters related to assigned vessels, the Vessel Manager also interrelates with Ship staff in connection with briefing visit, selection, and screening. Other internal and external support functions. Owner, class society, insurance handlers and other external bodies.
With a pool of more than 9,200 seafarers and over 500 shore-based employees all over the world, Wilhelmsen Ship Management is one of world’s largest third-party ship managers with a portfolio of more than 450 vessels and counting.
About the location / department
We are an international and particularly dynamic team, with a wide range and valuable mix of expertise and experience, all focusing on our client overall satisfaction, and quality of service being delivered.
The position will be located at Lysaker, Norway - close to Oslo, which provide one of the best work/life balances, in an environment of what large Cities can offer, and a unique and direct access to white winter ski and sea!
Required experience and skills:
- Technical/maritime qualifications, preferably with seagoing experience as Chief Engineer or Master on Cruise Vessels or with Office technical experience within the Cruise Segment or a degree in naval architecture or marine engineering with relevant office experience.
- Excellent command of oral and written English.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Safety & Environmental focused
- Excellent communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills in order to develop close relationships with shipboard staff, vessel owners, as well as internal and external support functions.
The right candidate is customer focused, see solutions to challenges and able to work under operational pressure. You have team commitment and are creative and innovative, with a high degree of professionalism.
What you will be doing: (Main Responsibilities)
- Ensure vessels comply with all relevant rules & regulations with special emphasis on the ISM code as well as flag state, port state and the industry's special requirements and regulations,
- Render support to ships as appropriate
- Monitor vessel performance, and actively engaged with the vessel management team to identify improvements
- Regular on-board visit and inspection
- Plan, prepare and execute wet/dry-docks and retrofit as required by class and/or owners
The position will be measured against safe and incident free operation of the assigned vessels and in line with WSM and Client KPIs.
What we offer:
- Competitive package/benefit•
- Great culture and working environment
- A challenging job in an international company
- Our own sports organization for employees
- Company cabins in both winter and summer locations
Sounds interesting? If you can see yourself in this role, please let us know why you are our new Vessel Manager. You can apply online today through our career portal by creating a ‘Candidate Home’ account. Here you can upload your resume and a motivational letter.
Work location : Lysaker, Norway
Application deadline: 3.12.2021
Contact details: Xavier Bobrie, Fleet Manager Cruise (+47 911 58 703)
Follow us on social media!