We seek to appoint a postdoc to the research program "Offshore Energy Systems" and will be appointed to the Esbjerg section at the Esbjerg campus.
The postdoc will be linked to the “ACOMAR: Auto Compact Marine Growth Remover“-project and will focus on automation of the inspection and planning process in relation to the removal of marine growth on subsea structures for offshore oil & gas platforms and wind turbines.
The main purpose of the postdoc is to develop and test methodologies for mapping marine growth on subsea structures.
A possible direction could be a fusion of several technologies such as Acoustic, LiDAR, and, image-based sensors for robust and reliable marine growth estimation.
The ideal candidate for the position is expected to have:
- A Ph.D. degree in computer vision, Acoustic/LiDAR-based systems, or similar.
- Experience with machine learning, image processing, signal processing, and, subsea robotics.
- A strong publication record within the focused areas.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Willing to collaborate in a multi-disciplinary team of researchers and engineers.
Title: Estimation of Marine Growth on Subsea Structures
Research areas will be within machine learning, image processing, signal processing, and, subsea robotics.
You may obtain further information from Assoc. Prof. Simon Pedersen, Department of Energy Technology, phone: +45 30663663, email: email@example.com concerning the scientific aspects of the postdoc.
Read more about AAU at www.aau.dk
Read more about the Department of Energy Technology at www.et.aau.dk
Appointment as Postdoc presupposes scientific qualifications at PhD–level or similar scientific qualifications. The research potential of each applicant will be emphasized in the overall assessment. Appointment as a Postdoc cannot exceed a period of four years in total at Aalborg University.
The application must contain the following:
- A motivated text wherein the reasons for applying, qualifications in relation to the position, and intentions and visions for the position are stated.
- A current curriculum vitae.
- Copies of relevant diplomas (Master of Science and PhD). On request you could be asked for an official English translation.
- Scientific qualifications. A complete list of publications must be attached with an indication of the works the applicant wishes to be considered. You may attach up to 5 publications.
- Dissemination qualifications, including participation on committees or boards, participation in organisations and the like.
- Additional qualifications in relation to the position. References/recommendations.
- Personal data.
The applications are only to be submitted online by using the "" button below.
Shortlisting will be applied. This means that subsequent to the deadline for applications the head of department supported by the chair of the assessment committee will select candidates for assessment. All applicants will be informed whether they will be assessed or not.
AAU wishes to reflect the diversity of society and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background or belief.
For further information concerning the application procedure, please contact HR-Servicecentre EST by mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information regarding guidelines, ministerial circular in force and procedures can be seen here
Employment is in accordance with the Ministerial Order on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities (the Appointment Order) and the Ministry of Finance's current Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities. Employment and salary are in accordance with the collective agreement for state-employed academics.
Wed Jun 09 00:00:00 CEST 2021