In order to absorb the continuous increase of its cruise managed fleet, Wilhelmsen Ship Management Norway (WSM) is looking for the best suitable candidate to join the team as Vessel Manager Cruise. The WSM cruise managed fleet is expanding with a number of new and highly advanced vessels owned by the most reputable and growing cruise company in its segment
The Vessel Manager, Cruise Fleet has the technical management responsibility within a ship group headed by the Fleet Manager, Cruise Fleet
The Vessel Manager reports to the Fleet Manager as appropriate. The shipboard management of the assigned vessels reports to the Vessel Manager.
In matters related to assigned vessels, the Vessel Manager also interrelates with Ship staff in connection with briefing visit, selection and screening. Other internal and external support functions. Owner, class society, insurance handlers and other external bodies.
- Vessel Manager is responsible for the safe, efficient and environment conscious operation of the vessels assigned, typically 2 Cruise vessels.
- To ensure vessels comply with all relevant rules & regulations with special emphasis on the ISM code as well as flag state, port state and the industry's special requirements and regulations, and render support to ships as appropriate.
- The position will be measured against safe and incident free operation of the assigned vessels and in line with WSM and Client KPIs.
- Technical/maritime qualifications, preferably with seagoing experience as Chief Engineer or Master on Cruise Vessels or with Office technical experience within the Cruise Segment or a degree in naval architecture or marine engineering with relevant office experience.
- Expedition cruise operations experience is an advantage
- Excellent command of oral and written English.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Environmental focused
- Excellent communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills in order to develop close relationships with shipboard staff, vessel owners, charterers as well as internal and external support functions.
The right candidate is customer focused, see solutions to challenges and able to work under operational pressure. You have team commitment and are creative an innovative, with a high degree of professionalism.