Imagine a future - where internet connectivity knows no boundaries. Do you want to join one of the leading manufacturers of communication and satellite equipment on a fantastic transformational journey?
Cobham SATCOM is looking for a System Tester for satellite communication.
Cobham SATCOM is a global tele-communication company where the main purpose of our technology is to keep people safe and connected in the remotest areas both at land and at sea. We are on a highly interesting transformational journey moving from being a very maritime driven company to become a tech company. Big tech companies trust us to help them bring internet connectivity to remote communities, as we have what it takes to lead and deliver on the most ambitious communications projects. At Cobham SATCOM, our vision is to be the leader in remote connectivity, safeguarding and connecting people and ideas.
This role will be based in Lyngby, Denmark.
We are looking for a skilled System Tester to specify and perform manual and automated tests on our ground infrastructure systems to ensure that the quality is correct before the system is delivered to the customer.
You will be part of our R&D teams on ground infrastructure projects. Your job will be to handle the tasks in relation to verification of the system in close collaboration with the entire R&D team. Your role will also be to participate in the acceptance test together with the customer. You must therefore also be able to work independently and in a structured manner and take responsibility for the delivery of a system with a high quality.
As a System Tester, your key responsibilities will be:
- Review of requirements specifications and technical design descriptions
- Preparation of test plans and design of test specifications based on product requirements
- Design and setup of test systems
- Verification of functions and requirements by execution of manual and automated tests
- Complex troubleshooting and description of observed issues
- Documentation of tests execution
- Execution of acceptance test with customers in factory and on site
- Interface to customers and outsourcing partner.
As a System Tester, your qualifications should ideally be:
- Very passionate about performing system tests
- Structured and systematic in your work
- Thorough and persistent and continues until the task is solved
- Works independently, takes responsibility and dares to challenge the team to ensure a high quality
- A good team player who has easy dialogue with others. Understand you grow by receiving or offering help to others
- Finds it natural to document your work
- The ability to oversee and familiarize yourself with a complex system
- Has an analytic mind-set and the ability to troubleshot complex embedded systems
- Design and describe test scenarios based on requirements and function descriptions
- Write structured and accurate test specifications
- Has a good knowledge of telecommunication networks and network protocols
- Has experience with script programming
- Used to work in a Linux R&D environment
- Experience with interface to customers and outsourcing partners
- Have a background as an engineer and have experience with testing or development on embedded systems
Starting your career at Cobham SATCOM means that you will be surrounded by peers that are experts in their field where you can learn from the best and gain relevant skills to adapt to this continuously changing world. Being part of Cobham SATCOM opens up opportunities for you to gain both professional and personal development in our performance-oriented environment, where social interactions are highly valued. You will become a part of a diverse organization on a transformational journey, where no two days look the same, working in a culturally diverse organization where both performance and fun are key elements. You will become part of a company where you will work together with talented, helpful and fun colleagues who value teamwork and integrity.
Please be advised that successful candidates must be willing to present a criminal record check and go through the mandatory security clearance prior to commencing employment with Cobham SATCOM.
Cobham SATCOM is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
About Cobham SATCOM
At Cobham SATCOM, we create, develop, innovate, and share the responsibility to fulfil our potential – both on a company and individual basis.
We believe our culture of being highly innovated, our ability to continuously adapt to change, our capability to plan disciplined in connection to the demands and to foster a fun and inspiring work environment empowers us to achieve our ambitions. Join us and be part of bringing our inspiring projects to life. When connection matters you can count on Cobham SATCOM. It will be an exciting and rewarding journey so if you are up for a challenge we hope to hear from you.