Do you picture your future career in the maritime industry and find vessel performance particularly intriguing? Do you want to be part of Ultrabulk’s important path towards helping ensure a greener future, and to support innovation and emission reduction?
Ultrabulk A/S is looking for an ambitious Student Assistant to join the Business Intelligence Team.
An exciting opportunity to test your skills and play an important role in the journey of implementing the fuel efficiency strategy in a leading dry bulk shipping company. As part of the vessel performance function within the fast-moving and expanding Business Intelligence Team in Ultrabulk, you will coordinate directly with our Operations department in 6 different locations worldwide and the vessel crew in our fleet to implement our fuel saving initiatives.
You will experience a steep learning curve in vessel performance analysis and will acquire profound knowledge of vessel operations and monitoring systems. Your network will be expanded with highly professional and dedicated colleagues around the world.
Furthermore you will:
- Monitor performance of the owned and long-term charter fleet in our performance system
- Coordinate with the Operations department for underwater inspections, hull cleaning, propeller polishing
- Monitor auxiliary consumption at sea and in the ports and drive crew behaviour towards expected consumption
- Update speed consumption profiles in Vessel operations systems
- Perform automation/data analysis/programming in Python
“My period in vessel performance has truly been an exciting period where I have been able to learn a lot – also from my own mistakes – which secures a safe and good environment with plenty of responsibility and coaching from the team. When working in vessel performance you get a deeper knowledge of the ships’ actual performance which I found very interesting. This position gives you an opportunity to connect with people across the world within different parts of the shipping industry. I believe that the time now to join this team is unique as the whole industry is going into a greener and more innovative way to run the businesses”, says Student Assistant, Oscar Nystuen.
To succeed in the job
The work environment is top priority so the right candidate will be one who can contribute to a positive atmosphere in a team and bring energy and ideas to the table.
In a buzzing, multicultural environment is where you belong and you have an appetite for seeking out new knowledge and smart solutions.
We expect that you have/are:
- Studying engineering at DTU and preferably include relevant maritime courses or International Shipping and Trade at CBS with ideally a few years, and at least one full year, left of your studies
- Studying other subjects such as Business Analytics, Applied Mathematics, Information Technology, Computer Science or other relevant field with an interest in vessel performance
- Highly motivated and have a specific interest in working with vessel performance analysis and intend to develop yourself in the role
- Strong communication skills to coordinate with internal and external stakeholders
- A fast learner with a proactive mindset
- Know the basics of MS Excel
- Fluent in English, verbally and written, as this is our corporate language
- It is an advantage if you know programming in Python or intend to learn it to work on our automation projects
In Ultrabulk, we are convinced that an optimal working environment requires an exceptional social atmosphere across all departments and companies. As an employee you will have the opportunity to join a running club, participate in the DHL run, enjoy the Friday breakfast event, and take part in other exciting social events and festivities throughout the year. In addition to all this, we offer a discount agreement with SATS and in-house massage.
The weekly workload will be around 15 hours on average. Furthermore, we believe in freedom and flexibility with responsibility so the office hours can be adjusted to accommodate your school schedule and exam periods.
We would like for the Student Assistant to start as soon as possible.
For further information about the position, please contact Harshit Tripathi (+4539970461 Harshit.firstname.lastname@example.org) or the HR Team (+45) email@example.com.
Please submit your application as soon as possible but no later than Sunday, 25 April. However, don’t wait until the deadline as applications are evaluated continuously and interviews will take place as soon as possible. Only applications uploaded digitally will be taken into consideration; we do not accept applications sent via e-mail. Your application will be treated with confidence and our reply will be sent to the e-mail address you have registered in our recruitment system.
Ultrabulk A/S is a globally recognised dry bulk shipowner and operator, servicing customers in the MPP/Parcel, Handysize, Supramax and Panamax segments. Ultrabulk is among the 100 largest companies in Denmark and operates a fleet of 130 to 165 vessels managed by a professional team, strategically located at 7 offices worldwide (Copenhagen, Cape Town, Singapore, Sydney, Stamford (CT), Santiago and Rio de Janeiro).
FOCUS ON CLIMATE:
The shipping industry is deeply focused on lifting its climate responsibility, and in Ultrabulk it is at the top of our agenda to push for a greener future. We are committed to reduce our emissions with 40% per cargo tons-mile by 2030, and to reach that goal we have to continue to innovate, collect and analyse data, invest in equipment and systems as well as raise general awareness both ashore and at sea