About the job:
Our consultancy division is growing, and we are looking for more talented developers to our software engineering crew. We believe a good work/life balance is the best way to achieving high productivity, hence "balanced" is one of our four company values. Gender balance and diversity is important to us, and we appreciate team players who want to succeed together. So, in addition to skills and competencies, soft skills are equally important.
We are looking for:
Team members to the Business Applications & Digital Enablers service:
You are pragmatic and have a sound theoretical foundation, with 2-7 years of experience.
You make efficient use of frameworks, standards, and libraries, and cherish sharing and coding for reuse.
Methods and principles are more important than preferred programming languages.
You thrive on varied tasks and prefer sparring over analysis paralysis. You love working in an inclusive environment where we succeed together.
In Cegal, software engineering is not so much about tools, languages, code-frameworks, or IDE's. It is more about finding the right approach to resolving business challenges in a cost-efficient manner.
We invite you to present your academic and experience-based platform to us, but we are also interested in getting to know your personality and drivers.
Being a consultant means that our customers define our roles. Instead of limiting to certain positions and roles we list a snapshot of what is important to our customers, and we take it for granted that you can check some of them:
- Development: Full stack, frontend, web, backend, database
- Cloud: Architecture/advisory for customer cloud platform and -projects (Azure, Amazon, Google...)
- Cognitive computing: AI/ML/NLP
- Customization: Business 2 business or system 2 system interfaces
- Low code/no code: Business automation/business applications, e.g., Power Platform/Robotics
- ... or tell us about what you think are relevant experience/skills
Our consultants have defined some personal qualifications we are recognized for. They form our professional footprint, and we expect you to be triggered by developing in the same areas. They are enablers for great consulting skills:
- Resilient driver
- Human insight and moral compass
- Engaging and motivating
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Organized and structured
- Inclusive and humble
- Analytical and innovative
- Developing self and others
- Honest, responsible, and objective
- Professionally competent with business insights
- Formal education from university level (Bachelor/Master).
- Relevant courses and certifications
- Preferably experience from energy, maritime or other asset intensive industries
- Master the Norwegian and English language, both written and verbally
- Good oral and written presentation skills
- Registered address and labour permit in Norway
What truly make our products industry leading is the people behind them. Cegal is a company that takes pride in its employees and the company culture, and our values are the foundation for every decision.
Our mission of Shaping the digital future is our guiding light. We will continue to lead the market in terms of digitalization.
Our vision, Beyond Technology will see us enter new markets and segments while our values, inventive, courageous, passionate, and balanced.
- Permanent full-time position
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Exciting and challenging work environment and tasks
- Career opportunities
- International environment
The work location for this position is Stavanger, Trondheim or Oslo.
About the hiring process:
We will interview candidates continuously and aim to ensure that the process runs smooth and efficiently for both you and us. Based on the Covid-19 pandemic, we will run the interviews both online and in our "Location" office/s, with all necessary transmission prevention measures well taken care of.
Applicants needs to have a registered address & labor permit for Norway.
Should you have any questions related to the position please contact Steinar Øgreid, BC Manager on 915 42 029, Terje Strømstad, BC Manager Development on 917 09 984 or Frank-Arild Normanseth, HR advisor on915 15 239.
This is a direct Company recruitment. We will not accept applications or candidates via employment agencies.