Shipping Operations Assistant
To strengthen our operation covering 2 Danish freight routes between Denmark / UK & Denmark / Lithuania, in an international world of shipping. You will join a team of energetic colleagues ranging from trainees to +20 years Jubilees in a dynamic, informal environment.
You will from our locations in Fredericia & Esbjerg be covering multiple business areas of customer service and the full A-Z timeline of production, including cargo planning, capacity management and various ad hoc administration. Shipping Supervision/Customer service function related to Fredericia/Copenhagen-Klaipeda & Esbjerg-Immingham routes. You are the 1st point of customer contact and liaison for vessel crew members, terminal staff workers, suppliers of maritime services and colleagues abroad.
Various operational and commercial activities. Such as daily cargo planning of capacities, pre-preparation of the evenings actual loading of vessel. Various simple rate calculations on spot enquiries.
- Customer service function serving needs for transport of cargo
- Administrational completion of vessel departures such as invoicing of services as well a supplier invoice monitoring & payment management.
- Shipping agency functions assisting vessel crew with various needs, (arranging dentist appointments, connecting various services from shore when needed)
- Liaising with terminal staff on primary task functions related to loading of vessel, and arranging various terminal handling tasks for client needing such
- Point of contact for various maritime services; tugboat/pilotage as well as bunkering of vessels in port.
- General point of contact with closest colleagues in UK, DE, SE
- Participation in duty roster, covering evening-/weekend shifts.
- Various statistical work for management purposes.
- Storage calculation of cargo units parked in terminal facilities.
Preferred candidate profile
Educated Forwarding or Shipping agent with a background within the shipping/logistics industry. You have knowledge about hazardous materials (IMDG, ADR), customs formalities (Import/Export) and Authority systems.
High standards for dedication, motivation, reliability, and trustworthiness. You are driven by process and social interaction as many stakeholder relationships must be maintained daily. In addition to this, you are:
- Fluent in Danish & English and knowledge with German is an upside
- Able to stay focused in a dynamic, volatile business.
- In possession of strong business comprehension
- Energetic, humoristic, mindful of yourself and others with great work ethics.
- Drivers license cat. B
If you find the job interesting and you fulfill the expectations, please submit your CV and application in English. We will evaluate applications on an ongoing basis. All applications will be treated confidentially.
Please contact Operations Manager Anders Malling at firstname.lastname@example.org or +4521424435 for questions about the position. The position will be filled as soon as possible.
DFDS is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age and citizenship.