Service > Global Service Operations > Offshore Operations Center
The offshore Remote Operations Centre, based in Esbjerg Denmark is responsible for providing a central point of contact for technical support for Vestas offshore WTG fleet. The operator is considered as first-tier technical support which means that you will be the first point of contact for your service team colleagues operating offshore when they have technical issues. You will be part of a team of six colleagues where you take shifts covering 24x7 all year. You will be working on your own for 8 hour shifts and it is important that you are available as your support is crucial for your colleagues out in the field. You will be responsible for remote monitoring and troubleshooting to take appropriate action and to pass on the issue to level 2 technical support if you can't solve it remotely.
- Remote monitoring of offshore WTGs
- Support reactive operation, field operations and SCADA team
- Support power regulations and substation/grid-related requests
- Coordinate execution of ad-hoc STOP/Start/yaw WTGs
- Initiate reporting towards site - Assist in compiling fault reports
- Engineering degree within Electrical, Electronics, Computer science or similar
- Experience in remote monitoring of WTGs or any other power plants
- Practical experience in WTG field troubleshooting and SCADA would be an added advantage
- MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint work experience
- Fluent communication (oral and written) in English
- Stakeholder management at different levels of an organization
- Ability to adapt to different levels and styles of communication
- To have a structured approach to your work and be professional enough to ensure the process and guidelines are adhered in the remote monitoring and troubleshooting
What We Offer
We offer you an exciting job in a rapidly growing international company with great opportunities for professional and personal development. We provide an inspiring environment with the aspiration to become global leader in the offshore and onshore wind market.
Primary work location: Esbjerg, Denmark
This position includes three shifts: morning, afternoon and at night You can apply online by clicking on the “Apply Online” button at the top or bottom of this page.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.