About the position
As night shift Operator your general Area of Responsibility are planning of tugs movement and dispatching, and gather correct data on vessel calls to ensure correct invoicing.
- Receiving pre-advises and orders from customers and agents
- Dispatching of tugs
- Monitor crew working hours.
- Overall short-term fleet planning and optimization of tug movements to reduce bunker consumption etc
- Coordinate vessel calls with agents, terminals and other stakeholders for timely service and a positive customer experience.
You may also, in cooperation with crewing department or Operations manager arrange additional crew during for example job peaks or illness among crew. As well as chartering of external tugs when necessary.
- Experienced in organising, planning and communicating, in a professional position
- Able to speak both with Swedish and Danish colleagues, and will also need to be able to speak English
- Solid computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Post-secondary studies in Shipping, Logistics or Nautical Science is meritorious
- Work experience within maritime industry is meritorious
Important to person job fit:
As a person, you have a strong sense of details. Your are also very service-minded and have ability to build sustainable work relationships.
Even though it´s preferably with experience of work on a planning desk / operations desk before, it is not a mandatory requirement and we could also be looking for an experienced service planner/administratior or the like, whom we could train for the role.
About the position
The assignment is as consultant with employment at Adecco. Start will be in May and initially last until October, with the possibility of extension.
Working hours are according to night shift.
If you have questions about the assignment or the recruitment process, you are welcome to contact responsible recruiter:
Caroline Carlsson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome with your application!
Operator, operations desk, dispatcher, planning desk, shipping, forwarder, night shift, maritime industry, Gothenburg, Göteborg, Adecco