As Head of People & Culture for Hurtigruten Expeditions you will be responsible for tailoring the delivery of our People & Culture processes to an expanding global and multicultural company.
Hurtigruten Expeditions (part of Hurtigruten Group)– the world’s largest and leading expedition cruise line. With sustainability and exploration at the core, Hurtigruten Expeditions offers small-ship exploration of more than 250 destinations across 30 countries, including Antarctica, Alaska, Northwest Passage, Greenland, Iceland, Svalbard, Norway, British Isles, South America, Caribbean and more. Hurtigruten Expedition’s fleet of 7 small-size custom built expedition cruise ships include the world’s first battery-hybrid powered cruise ships, all offering big adventures on small ships - along with hand-picked experts from Hurtigruten Expedition Teams.
Working in Hurtigruten Expeditions will be varied and challenging. You will be an important contributor to Hurtigruten Expedition’s success and international expansion. Your role will be an integrated part of the Hurtigruten Expeditions management team and advising and sparring with senior leaders will be a vital part of your role. You will establish excellent relations with our local People resources and our third-party staffing partners. This role is an important member of the Group People & Organization leadership team accountable for ensuring that global processes and tools are implemented and adds value to Hurtigruten Expeditions.
The Head of People & Culture must have a strong track record in supporting a growing business and working closely with senior leaders on developing the organization. An international mindset is key to support this rapidly growing global organization. It is an advantage to have experience with a mixed workforce ranging from maritime personnel to hospitality crew and land-based specialist functions.
This is a vital role for the business and will report directly to the VP of Group People & Organization (CHRO) with a dotted line to the CEO of Hurtigruten Expeditions.
Photo: Karsten Bidstrup
Duties and responsibilities
- Deliver and improve HR advisory services in Hurtigruten Expeditions
- Be a key component in developing, anchoring and implementing Hurtigruten Expeditions culture initiatives
- Establish an excellent working relationship with local People representatives making sure that the Hurtigruten Expeditions employer brand and employee experience is the same across all our operations
- Establish an excellent understanding of the dependencies and relations required to work well with third party staffing/crewing companies. Hurtigruten Expeditions employer brand and employee experience must shine in their people processes as well.
- Take an active part in developing global people processes and tools, ensuring a balance between global requirements and applicability and value add for the company
- Be an active and supporting team member in the Group People & Organization Leadership team
- Minimum a bachelor’s degree within related fields
- Minimum 7 years relevant work experience with gradually increased responsibility as an HRBP in an international company
- Strong experience from working with change processes in a growth company
- Experience with digital transformation initiatives and agile ways of working is seen as an advantage
- Fluent in English, spoken and written
- Passion for people and business
- A great listener and communicator
- Thrives in an international and multicultural environment
- Independent and proactive working style, but still a dedicated team player
- You live our values: We care, We explore, We empower & We inspire.
We can offer
- An exciting job with one of the strongest brands within expedition tourism
- The chance to work in one of the world’s most exciting and dynamic industries
- The opportunity to deliver new builds with groundbreaking technology and design
- Working with highly skilled and dedicated colleagues, both in the office and at sea
- Competitive conditions
- Fantastic rates to travel to some of the most exciting places in the world