An exciting opportunity has arisen as Workshop Technician. In this role, you will be part of the Workshop team, delivering service, support, upgrades and spare parts to our customers. You will be responsible for execution and follow-up of work orders and projects to our internal and external customers. You will have the opportunity to be part of an knowledgeable team where you will be given the opportunity to learn and develop.
As Workshop Technician you will be part of the Global Customer Support division who is responsible for Kongsberg Maritimes services, upgrades and support in the aftermarket. Our 2300 employees are present in 35 different countries around the world. During the operational lifetime of more than 30.000 installations, we ensure cost-efficient delivery of services, upgrades and spare parts in order to secure availability and predictability to our customers.
Both newly graduates and experienced Technicians with the right background will be considered if you have a genuine interest in technology.
- Production, configuration and testing of systems such as starters, switchboards, automation and control systems
- Spare parts configuration and testing of computers, printers, controllers, panels and I/O modules
- Installation of software in programmable cards
- Calibration of measuring instruments, transmitters, converters, block valves, manometer and indicators
- Inspection, fault analysis, repair & overhaul of equipment and components
- Participate in the installation and testing of new equipment and new functions
- Suggest improvements, feedback to engineering and development department
- Opportunity to participate in 24/7 customer support duty phone arrangement
- Opportunity to do service assignments onboard vessels
Qualifications and experience
- Technical education in IT, electrical, automation and/or control technology
- Documentation of relevant experience can compensate for the lack of formal education
- Experience with serial communication and protocols is desirable
- General understanding of computer systems and network
- Preferably relevant practice from maritime activities or similar / ship electrician
- Good oral and written Norwegian and English communication skills
You are able to
- Act on own initiative, make things happen and accepts responsibility for the results
- Adhere to company rules and procedures and execute plans with commitment and determination
- Analyse complex issues and problems and come up with rational judgments
- Communicate in a clear, precise and structured way
- Co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals
- Be aware of own strengths and limitations and pursues learning and career development opportunities
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hour’s and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Point of contact
Oddmund Longva, Sparepart Manager, +47 907 31 562
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including: merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defence and aerospace
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication