Vessel Coordinator (f/m/d) in Hamburg, Aarhus or Madrid
DK, Aarhus N | Professional | Full-Time | ID: 6828
Are you a Shipping professional? Do you want to be a part of a department with major impact on the business, by executing the right transport and sourcing set-ups for sales projects in EMEA?
Then look at this exciting opportunity!
Sales > Global Supply Chain > Transport and Customs > EMEA > Portfolio Planning & Vessel Operations
Be a part of a highly dedicated team that strives to execute and optimize transport and vessel operations for Wind Turbine projects in Vestas for the EMEA region. We are responsible for planning, executing and follow up on timing and cost for Vessels for the EMEA region. The EMEA Vessel operations department is located in Hamburg, Aarhus and Madrid.
The Vessel Coordinator will be positioned in the EMEA Vessel Operations department, covering operations in EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa). The department has the responsibility to acquire oversized-, heavy-lift and general transport components in time and on budget onto our new construction sites, our production facilities and the service facilities within the EMEA locations. The vessel coordinator will be in charge of trucking to port operations of main components and vessel operations within the EMEA Port locations. It is essential be able to work individually as the transport colleagues, stakeholders and direct Manager may not be in the same office.
• Prepare scope of supply for transport sourcing (vessels)
• Plan, manage, and monitor trucking from Production Business Units to ports in EMEA region
• Plan, manage, and monitor vessel operations into and out of the region
• Be responsible for all aspects of post fixture of chartered vessels
• Ensure proper execution of the charter party
• Coordinate quality inspections with external quality inspectors
• Manage claims related to the fulfilment of the contract or the operation of the vessel
• Ensure execution of component transportation adhering to transport budget
• Evaluate the supplier and transportation quality
• Ensure products and materials are received, shipped and stored in a timely and cost-effective manner
• Ensure timely reporting, feedback and communication to relevant stakeholders and coordinate with them in case of delays or damages
• Investigate and support problem-solving of delivery and transport quality issues
• Monitor and report transport risks
• Provide project budgets regarding shipments
• Education within the shipping area: forwarding merchant, shipping agent, shipping broker, or similar
• Have extensive practical knowledge of the various charter parties used in the chartering of vessels including their structure, negotiation, modification, interpretation and application.
• Several years of experience working with global shipping - handling/transaction, chartering processes
• Knowledge of the Maritime Business, with a minimum of 3 years of experience inside a main player of the shipping industry, especially execution/post fixture of charters on voyage basis.
• Strong commercial knowledge related with cost controlling is necessary
• Some experience with oversized materials/components is an advantage
• High verbal and written communication skills in English is required; Spanish language skills are an advantage
• Strategic skills and ability to manoeuvre among various stakeholders
• Strong analytical skills - ability to identify details and to draw and communicate conclusions
• Action and result-oriented person with strongly developed team work skills
What We Offer
This position offers excellent opportunities for cross functionality and personal development by working with transport in a large global organization having highly specialized and professional colleagues.
The primary work location can be Hamburg, Madrid or Aarhus. Up to 15 days business travel per year can be expected.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 105 GW of wind turbines in 80 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 86 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 24,500 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.