A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated container logistics company. Connecting and simplifying trade to help our customers grow and thrive. With a dedicated team of over 76,000, operating in 130 countries; we go all the way to enable global trade for a growing world.
We, being an equal opportunity employer, are renowned for our dedicated and professional staff and global career opportunities. An opportunity is now available for a career-minded individual to join us as a Technology Finance Business Partner – Technology Infrastructure Engineering & Service Operations.
Technology will enable our digital transformation, drive more customer value, improve business performance and create operational synergies, to help realize our vision of becoming the Global Integrator of container logistics, connecting and simplifying our customers' supply chain. The Maersk Group is on the lookout for ambitious, accomplished and dedicated individuals who are interested in joining its transformation journey.
Technology Finance is a young, ambitious and talented team, with employees from many nationalities collaborating to enable our vision. We strive to be a world class finance organization, with a fast paced and challenging atmosphere where you can develop your financial skills.
Reporting to the Head of IT Finance Business Partnering – Run, you will partner with Technology functions and be accountable for driving financial planning and management reporting, as well as partnering for high quality data driven insights and decision making.
- Financial Planning including budgeting and rolling forecast, risks and opportunities.
- Build effective relationship with function heads and in all aspects behave as a value adding trusted finance business partner
- Provide financial support and guidance in project business cases and total cost of ownership (TCO) evaluations.
- Support finance leadership in ensuring functional strategies are aligned with strategic business direction financial strategies
- Collect, interpret, understand and document relevant business reasons to explain variances to budget and present these simply and accurately to relevant stakeholders for action
- Work closely in partnership with offshore accounting and reporting team on month end
- Work closely with management teams to drive financial stability, accuracy of data, planning and financial analysis of new cost savings initiatives and financial impact from projects.
- By understanding cost drivers and business requirements of IT services, collaborate to develop new cost saving opportunities and support in implantation.
- Challenge unjustified spend and unrealistic forecast by understanding business needs and technology strategy.
- Review, challenge and approve contract and purchase order requests – validating compliance to budget, contracting policy and cost versus benefit/risk
- Drive projects and processes in support of Technology finance objectives including standardisation, offshoring and unbiased business decisions
We are looking for
- Finance partner experience, with proven track record and ability to understand the business in order to have a better forecast, save money
- Attention to detail
- Curiosity for the world of technology
- Experience with financial planning/budget cycle/forecasting
- Experience with business cases
- Knowledge of Corporate IT Estate (e.g. know how applications run and what is a data centre)
- Knowledge of cloud cost management practices is desirable
- Able to break down complex issues and solve them, strives for simplicity
- Able to work independently
- Proficient with SAP, excel, PowerPoint, SAP analytics cloud or similar
- ACCA/CIMA/ACA qualified or equivalent
- Bachelor and Master Degree
For further information, please contact: email@example.com