A. Henriksen Shipping offers tailormade shipping solutions and full door-to-door transportation for all types of cargo, at the two terminals in Frederiksværk and Hundested. The company has activities in heavy lifting, liner agencies, road transport, terminals warehousing and agency.
You will be part of a small team of 42 employees (12 in the office – 30 on the terminal), referring directly to the CEO, and you will benefit from a flat organisation structure and an informal atmosphere in the office.
We are looking for a person who is
- Educated in shipping/logistics with working experience in the maritime business
- Commercially driven
- Customer & service oriented
- Flexible and ready to participate in the duty plan and is prepared to work some weekends
- Working systematically and structured
As a shipping agent at A. Henriksen Shipping, your duties will vary from day to day, but some of your responsibilities will be:
- Pursue new business
- Contacting shippers and the receivers of the goods
- Conveying instructions to and from the ship owner
- Drawing up documents for the customs and harbour services
- Arranging: necessary ship fresh water / provisions, necessary medical assistance for the crew, storage bunkers if needed, collection of freights & cargoes and necessary repairs
- Organizing: supply, transport and handling of the goods, berth for incoming ships, pilots and the tugs if necessary and necessary contacts with stevedores
You are welcome to contact Ulrik Gehrcke from MARPRO on +45 5370 0995 if you have questions.
We only receive applications submitted online. Please upload your motivated application and an updated CV no later than June 7th 2021. When applying, you will receive a confirmation of receival within 10 minutes after applying. Please check your spam filter if you have not received the confirmation, to ensure future communication.
A. Henriksen Shipping A/S – Maritime Gateway Copenhagen North.
A. Henriksen Shipping A/S is a Danish company offering services within shipping, transport and logistics.
The company was established in Copenhagen in 1934 and we have for decades served local as well as international customers with high quality solutions. Today 40 committed employees ensure that we efficiently handle most types of cargo including bulk, break bulk, ro-ro, heavy lift/project cargo, etc.
We are headquartered at the port of Hundested north of Copenhagen where we possess a terminal area of more than 55,000 m2, 8 warehouses totalling 14,000 m2, 1000 metres of quay with a water depth of up to 8.2 metres and 2 ro-ro ramps. Furthermore, we operate at the port of Frederiksværk, and we have our own equipment for loading and discharging ships at both terminals, being called by around 600 vessels per year.
In order to meet our clients' individual needs, we do offer tailormade solutions, and by combining our services we literally offer ‘one stop shipping' and full door-to-door transportation for the most types of cargoes.