Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or YouTube.
We’re looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor – Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Service Engineer is responsible for installation of down hole completion tools, electrical- and optical monitoring solutions, RFID tools, plugs, valves, straddles etc. The service engineer also performs commissioning of down hole monitoring solutions, remotely operates down hole tools by means of hydraulic control lines, pressure pulsing or pumping RFID tags, and will in some cases act as the responsible engineer on behalf of the Client for post-completion activities on the platform.
The service engineer promotes Weatherford products and services to help client to choose best for well equipment, grow our market share and increase revenue. Job role will vary from crew member, shift lead, and crew lead, depending on job complexity and employee skills and knowledge for the specific job or tools. Position requires a hands-on approach as well as technical knowledge on tools and equipment.
Employee acts according to company policy, follows procedures and guidelines, and is responsible for submitting daily reports and end of well reports.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Deck test of equipment prior to RIH (and programming of tools where applicable).
- Installation of completion, monitoring and well service equipment.
- Proficient in calculating basic oil industry volumes, pressures and forces.
- Keen understanding of different facets of field operations including but not limited to completions.
- Perform maintenance & repairs on company owned rental equipment in the field if required.
- Accurate & thorough completion of job reports in a timely manner.
- Assist in the workshop, and at offshore bases as required.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Cross-train with other product lines.
- Report deviations, lessons learned, and opportunities for improvement.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- 2-3 years related field experience, or comparable experience from a hands-on technical profession onshore.
- High School diploma (or Secondary School Diploma or equivalent) as minimum.
- “Fagbrev” (certificate of apprenticeship) in Completions or similar. Experience may compensate for lack of formal qualifications.
- General product knowledge.
- Basic Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel computer skills.
- Self-motivator, self-starter.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to follow instructions.
- 5+ years experience with down hole completions and/or monitoring.
- Technical college degree.
- Local to Stavanger area.