MacGregor shapes the offshore and marine industries by offering world-leading engineering solutions and services with a strong portfolio of MacGregor, Hatlapa, Porsgrunn, Pusnes and Triplex brands. Shipbuilders, owners and operators are able to optimise the lifetime profitability, safety, reliability and environmental sustainability of their operations by working in close cooperation with us.
Shape your journey onboard and offshore with us
As a Service Engineer you will be responsible for repair and maintenance work for MacGregor product range, plus 3rd party maker if needed. In this role you will support service overall goals and budgets. All activities should be complied with the Integrated Management System (IMS), QHSE and other rules and requirements according to MacGregor standards.
- Professionally supervise and/or perform service activities (refurbishment, upgrades, inspections, preventative maintenance and corrective actions on MacGregor and equivalent equipment
- Independent working methods
- Continuous development of own skills
- To carry out the day to day activities as specified below
- Provide information and write reports as required
- Establish and maintain good relationships with both internal and external customers
- Enable feedback from customers and the service market in general to reach the appropriate MacGregor organization
- Stay up to date with relevant developments, routines, processes and news within MacGregor major customers active in business area
- Co-operate with the local MacGregor service network
- Comply with all relevant safety and quality requirements
- Follow all site safety rules, agreed working practices and environmental requirements
- Recognize service and spares sales opportunities and communicate that to the relevant persons
- Support sales activities such as follow-up on leads and quotes while at site, as agreed with sales responsible.
- Coach/tutor junior colleagues and trainees as necessary
- Awareness of the profitability in department
- Job management of the subcontractors
- Make decisions about commercial matters within prescribed limits for each project, previously agreed with the service manager.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Technical education or college level or similar relevant experience
- 2 years of relevant experience
- Offshore experience is preferential
- English language and communication skills
- Quality, Environment, Health & Safety (QEHS)
- Responsibility for conforming to the Cargotec Code of Conduct, QEHS Policies of MacGregor as well as requirements of ISO9001, ISO14001 and OHSAS18001.
Interested to join?
If you are excited about this opportunity, please submit your application!
MacGregor is part of Cargotec
MacGregor shapes the offshore and marine industries by offering world-leading engineering solutions and services with a strong portfolio of MacGregor, Hatlapa, Porsgrunn, Pusnes and Triplex brands. Shipbuilders, owners and operators are able to optimise the lifetime profitability, safety, reliability and environmental sustainability of their operations by working in close cooperation with MacGregor.
MacGregor solutions and services for handling marine cargoes, vessel operations, offshore loads,crude/LNG transfer and offshore mooring are all designed to perform with the sea. www.macgregor.com
MacGregor is part of Cargotec. Cargotec's (Nasdaq Helsinki: CGCBV) sales in 2020 totalled approximately EUR 3.3 billion and it employs around 11,500 people.