We are now looking for Service Engineers to our department Field Service Offshore. You will travel the world and perform service, troubleshooting, maintenance, commissioning of new systems and technical support for our customers in the offshore segment. You will be working with dynamic positioning, vessel automation, reference systems, environmental and attitude sensors. When not traveling, you will be working with your colleagues to support our customers and employees worldwide. You will be part of a team who wants you to succeed and a culture where we help each other. We will give you extensive training before travelling the world.
You will be part of the division Global Customer Support who is responsible for Kongsberg Maritimes services, upgrades and support in the aftermarket. Our 2300 employees are present in 35 different countries around the world. During the operational lifetime of more than 30.000 installations, we ensure cost-efficient delivery of services, upgrades and spare parts in order to secure availability and predictability to our customers.
Both newly graduates and experienced workers with the right background will be considered.
- Technical support and assistance worldwide towards internal and external customers
- Commissioning of new systems
- Service, maintenance and modifications on Kongsberg delivered systems and equipment in the offshore segment
- Technical support on existing systems in operation
- Assisting in annual sea trials
- Inhouse technical support towards internal and external customers
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or other relevant technical education
- Experience from relevant maritime activities is an advantage
- Willingness to travel on short notice
- Meet the health requirements that apply for offshore work
- Meet the requirements for applying for work visa world-wide
- Fluent written and spoken English and Norwegian language
You are able to
- Act on own initiative, make things happen and accepts responsibility for the results
- Adhere to company rules and procedures and execute plans with commitment and determination
- Use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocate resources effectively
- Analysis & judgment - analyse complex issues and problems and come up with rational judgments and solutions
- Demonstrate specialist knowledge and expertise in own area
- Co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Point of contact
Magnus Breivik Department Manager, Field Service Offshore +47 97666420
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including: merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defence and aerospace.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication