Wärtsilä is leading the maritime industry’s transformation towards a decarbonised and sustainable future. We at Wärtsilä Marine Power are proud to offer our customers the world’s widest network of maritime expertise and the full portfolio from engines to lifecycle solutions.
We want to change the course towards an interconnected and cleaner maritime future and are constantly on the lookout for future-oriented talent to join our team and to work towards enabling sustainable societies with smart technology - together. Are you ready to jump onboard?
We are now looking for a Service Engineer to join our field Service Team in Gothenburg, Sweden.
What you will be doing
In this position you will preform Field Service activitites according to the scope of work, you will independently preform major/complex repairs and complete overhauls.
Your work place is all over the world.
For us to be the best match, we expect you to be self-driven have the ablity to work independently and under pressure. As an ideal candidate you have gained previous experience from similar responsiblities.
You are creative and solution oriented.
As a Service Engineer, your work focus on these responsibilities:
- Basic troubleshooting (running tests, fine tuning, adjustments, trimming related to running performance) on equipment families
- Ensure that the work is executed according to Wärtsila Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental guidelines and customer site procedures.
- Preform installation and pre-commissioning checks and activities.
- Commissioning activities and handing the equipment over to the customer and/or shipyard.
- Be able to lead and manage assigned team and related activities during the work execution, if needed.
- Interact with customers during the work execution.
- Perform internal and external progress status of the assigned work.
- Create the Service Work Reports.
- Advice and promote available products and solutions to customers.
To be successful in this role, we expect you to have:
- 2 years of service engineer experience on Wärtsilä engines or similar (4-stroke or E/A)
- BSc. degree in mechanical or electrical/automation engineering
- flexible to travel for jobs globally with short notice
- English language skills, both written and oral
- Motivated to develop yourself professionally
- Ability to follow instructions
- Customer-minded approach
Does this sound like a job for you, if yes. Please apply through our careers portal.
Any questions concerning the role please contact Kent Pettersson, Team Leader Field Service
Phone: +46 709 100 971
Last application date: 16/05/2021
This is Wärtsilä
Wärtsilä Marine Power leads the industry in its journey towards a decarbonised and sustainable future. Our portfolio of engines, propulsion systems, hybrid technology, and integrated powertrain systems deliver the reliability, safety, and environmental performance that Wärtsilä’s Smart Marine vision encompasses. We offer our customers performance-based agreements, lifecycle solutions, and an unrivalled global network of maritime expertise. www.wartsila.com/marine
Wärtsilä is a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation, total efficiency and data analytics, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2020, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 4.6 billion with approximately 18,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 70 countries around the world. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki. Find out more at www.wartsila.com