Ocean Infinity is a pioneer of large scale marine robotic operations deploying robotic technologies to capture ocean data and deliver maritime solutions whilst minimising our environmental footprint. We are building the world’s largest fleet of marine robotic vehicles, offering the safest and most sustainable operations the industry has ever seen. Our purpose is to innovate using robotics and technology to transform industries, enabling people and the planet to thrive.
Our core belief that the seemingly impossible can be achieved with innovative, creative thinkers and cutting-edge technology has remained at the heart of the company. Ocean Infinity is a place where creativity and innovation is demanded and allowed to flourish. The team is constantly developing the most advanced technology and data handling capabilities in order to remain at the forefront of the industry.
Ocean Infinity Group Ltd is a leading data analytics and marine robotics business. Operating in the oceans worldwide we push industry boundaries with innovative technology and thinking. We safely and sustainably deliver ultra-high-quality data that has been acquired at unmatched speeds. We provide answers for our clients in a way the industry has never seen before.
We are now seeking to recruit a Senior Surveyor that will be lead responsible for online. The Senior Surveyor ensures that all online survey equipment and software are operational and that the data acquisition is performed correctly and in a professional way.
The responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Know all elements of HSE.
- Become familiar with and follow standing orders, procedures, and safety and emergency instructions relevant for the position.
- Be lead responsible for the online work and documentation of the survey performed.
- Perform calibrations of bathymetrical, geophysical, and geotechnical equipment.
- Perform maintenance of bathymetrical, geophysical, and geotechnical equipment.
- Perform acceptance tests of bathymetrical, geophysical, and geotechnical equipment.
- Perform troubleshooting of survey equipment and software.
- Perform system checks prior to start of survey.
- Handle co-ordinates in the navigation system.
- Actively communicate with the Offshore Manager to ensure data acquisition meets project requirements.
- Ensure the online logs and other documentation are properly utilised and modified as per need.
- Be responsible for the setup of survey systems during mobilisations.
- Ensure good communication with offline to be able to quickly follow up on data quality.
- Plan and host on board training courses for data acquisition software or survey related subjects.
The right candidate will need to be an enthusiastic team player, already committed to behaving in an ethical manner, championing fairness, equality and always demonstrating sincere safety leadership.
- Experiensed in the position as a Senior surveyor
- Preferably CATB/A surveyor or similar education
- Solid experience of towed geophysical survey and/or ROV survey
- Strong understanding of quality management such as standards, regulations and applicable policies and procedures;
- Good practical experience with office tools: MS Office, Google Drive, Teams, e-mail, among others;
- Interested in the others and strives for the best for the team;
- Ability to take ownership and engagement in the work;
- Strong communication skills;
- Driven, proactive and able to work autonomously with little supervision towards the company's purpose;
- Critical thinking and ability to show initiative;
- Open and receptive to new and different ideas;
- Holder of a valid Offshore survival course certificate
We are looking for a Senior Surveyor with background in this position and good knowledge of softwares and sensors used in this field. Working on a vessel in a tight team also implies good team work qualification, good trouble shooting qualities and not being afraid to ask questions and use the expertise we have in our fleet to solve problems fast. We use standard main softwares on our vessels like EIVA, Navipack and Qinsy. We are interested in Senior survyeors with backgrounds from mid size vessels perfoming towed geophysical survey as well as larger DP 2 vessels performing ROV survey (i.e pipe line and route surveys).
- Complies with Ocean Infinity management system policies, all OIMS practices, programs, and procedures;
- Successfully completes required training as identified by OIMS and the management team;
- Participates in the OIMS by reporting events, attending meetings and workshops, reporting problems, and recommending improvements, and other related activities;
- Informs an Ocean Infinity Supervisor, Team Lead, or Manager of any unidentified risks, hazards, or system deficiencies in the workplace;
- Supports Ocean Infinity’s environmental and social goals.
To be considered for this position it is a requirement that you are entitled to work in the UK and EU.
Ocean Infinity is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.