12. May 2021
Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest electricity generators and producer of heat with operations in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieve climate neutrality by 2050.
We are looking for a Server Engineer to support the operational fleet. And also to secure that all wind farms of Vattenfall Wind Power are operated safely and have lucrative competitive advantages.
As one of the key functions in Vattenfall’s wind business the Competence Area SCADA Operations is general responsible for supporting wind projects, operational sites and other business units in managing
SCADA equipment, communication and respective infrastructure.
Your responsibilities as a Server Engineer
As Server Engineer your main focus will be operational tasks including configure and testing our virtual and physical server and storage platforms. This will also include backup of our infrastructure in a distributed geographical environment.
Your responsibility will include:
- Maintaining the virtual infrastructure hardware, operating systems, and VMs on servers which support business processing requirements.
- Maintain, upgrade, and implement improvements to the VMware vCenter and ESXi infrastructure.
- Maintain VM templates for building servers in the virtual environment.
- Maintain, upgrade, and implement improvements to the Veeam backup.
- Managing Veeam backup and disaster restore.
- Perform upgrades to operating systems and software packages (Windows services, or other enterprise apps) as necessary.
- Create and maintain system documentation for updates made to the infrastructure environment.
- Participate in server design and implementations of the selected solutions.
- Support windfarm projects from construction to O&M.
- Experience with administration of VMware in a stretched cluster environment.
- Experience with administration of storage systems in a clustered environment.
- Experience with IBM Storewize, Dell EMC PowerEdge and Unity platforms and HP ProLiant is preferred.
- Experience with administration of endpoint protection.
- Experience with Windows and Linux operating systems.
- The successful candidate must have the ability to oversee all aspects of data center operations including but not limited to replacement of equipment, cable management, maintenance of schematics, inventory management, and future planning.
- Knowledge of Windows infrastructure technologies (AD, DNS, WSUS, Certificates)
Your qualifications as a Server Engineer:
You have a degree within IT or alternative documented similar long-time experiences. It’s preferred you are certified within VMware and Veeam.
As we operate in an international environment, it is essential that you speak and write English fluently.
Moreover, you have strong communication skills and are able to communicate well with representatives from various professional groups, external business partners along with your colleagues.
- Are a true team player and able to contribute to the existing team spirit
- Able to work and follow operational procedures
- Can act and work in a, sometime chaotic environment
- Have a systematic and focused approach to your daily tasks
- See documentation as a natural and integrated part of the work
Good remuneration, a challenging and international working environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues.
We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
The location of the position is Kolding in Denmark.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 24,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you!
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in UK, Sweden, Denmark, Germany and the Netherlands.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
For further information regarding the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Jette Ingeberg, Senior Recruiter, phone +45 22 57 07 51. For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact our Recruiter Anica Zerfuss, +49 40 79022 2141.
If you have the need of further information regarding the position or should you have specific questions, you can call Martin Engelhardt Clemmensen, Manager SCADA Operations, phone +45 27 88 08 09.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. The application deadline is 16/05-2021, but we conduct interviews on an ongoing basis. Therefore we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Due to COVID-19 we adapted our application process to the current conditions. Interviews regarding this position will be conducted via video conference. Do you have any questions about the application process or how we deal with COVID-19? Please visit our FAQ list in advance.
We look forward to receiving your application!