KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
The position involves leading a team of students working within the Swedish Maritime Robotics Center, SMaRC. Responsibilities include managing the software framework running on the autonomous underwater vehicles included in the project, AUV, developing processing tools for sensor data, field testing, and data collection.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future.
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international, and dynamic working environment
- Work in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
Read more about what it is like to work at KTH
- Doctoral degree in machine learning, robotics, or equivalent.
- A solid background in robotics, machine learning, and underwater sensing.
- As a person, you are good at working both in groups and alone, and creative.
- A postdoctoral period in the subject.
- Scientific skill.
- Pedagogical ability.
- Ability to work for the benefit of research results.
- Ability to inform about research and development work.
- Experience in developing and leading activities and staff.
- Knowledge of diversity and equal treatment issues with a special focus on gender equality.
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives on KTH's webpage.
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply for this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad. Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application.
Your complete application must be received by KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The employment is valid for a limited time according to the agreement - for up to one year, with access according to agreement.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about the processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence