Wärtsilä is leading the maritime industry’s transformation towards a decarbonised and sustainable future. We at Wärtsilä Marine Power are proud to offer our customers the world’s widest network of maritime expertise and the full portfolio from engines to lifecycle solutions.
We want to change the course towards an interconnected and cleaner maritime future and are constantly on the lookout for future-oriented talent to join our team and to work towards enabling sustainable societies with smart technology - together. Are you ready to jump onboard?
Wärtsilä Shaft Line Solutions (SLS) is an end-to-end product and service provider of marine shaft lines both above and below the water. Our Europe and Africa Sales team are now looking for a proven Regional Sales Manager to join the team.
As a Regional Sales Manager you will work together with SLS Manufacturing Sites, SLS Sales Support. SLS Spare Parts team, SLS Underwater Service team, Shaft Line Repair Service Team and SLS Field Service team to ensure first class customer experience. You will be responsible for commercial and naval marine business in the Sweden, Finland, Poland and the Baltic States for the SLS portfolio and will report to the SLS General Manager, Sales in EUAF.
The successful candidate will be employed on a permanent basis and as our team is spread across multiple geographical locations, we would consider Sweden, Finland, Poland, Estonia and Lithuania.
As a Regional Sales Manager, your work will focus on these responsibilities:
- Proactive customer interfacing to generate leads and sales opportunities.
- Increase market share of SLS portfolio.
- Manage opportunity pipeline and customer visits in CRM.
- Update and follow up feedback from customers in Sweden, Finland, Poland and the Baltic States.
- Build and develop customer relationships in Sweden, Finland, Poland and the Baltic States with ship owners, ship managers, ship designers, shipyards, OEM's, Navy and marine agencies.
- Actively engage with other (global) functions and team members to capture opportunities.
- Ensure quality of contracts are in line with Wartsila policies.
- Customer communication and support for running projects in cooperation with Sales Support Team.
- Business intelligence and knowledge for the Region.
- To grow New build, Spare Parts sales, upgrades & retrofits for all Wartsila SLS portfolio
In this role, some travel is required to meet with our customers around the world. Thus, we hope you to be ready to travel approximately 50%, even though most of the meetings are held virtually.
In this role, your success will be measured by:
- Order Intake, Net Sales and Profitability
- KPI's set by General Manager, Sales
- KPI's set by SLS-Management Team
- Customer satisfaction
To be successful in this role, we expect you to have:
- Minimum 5 years proven experience of direct sales role within the Marine Industry
- A track record in building strong customer relationships that enhance customer experience
- Strong demonstrable experience of sales negotiation.
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Openness & willingness to adapt to change.
- Innovative thinking coupled with creative problem solving skills.
- Proficient in the MS office package and CRM systems.
- An ability to work independently while thriving in a team-based environment.
- Willing to travel intensively internationally to meet customers
- Strong Knowledge of the Marine Industry and Wärtsilä products (preferably SLS products)
- Fluent in the English language, both verbal and written.
Does this sound like the job for you? If yes, we hope to hear from you before the application deadline 15 May 2021, through submitting your application through our careers portal
Please apply by 15 May at 23:59 EEST. Our recruiting tool recognizes the time zone where the job ad has been published and closes the application period according to same time zone.
This is Wärtsilä
Wärtsilä Marine Systems offers high-quality products, solutions, and lifecycle services related to the gas value chain, exhaust treatment applications, seals & bearings, shaftline repair services, underwater services, and marine electrical integrations. Our aim is to provide the latest and most efficient solutions in line with Wärtsilä’s Smart Marine Ecosystem vision for a safer, better, and more sustainable future for our customers. www.wartsila.com/marine
Wärtsilä is a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation, total efficiency and data analytics, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2019, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 5.2 billion with approximately 19,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 80 countries around the world. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki. www.wartsila.com