Interested in being a part of developing the world’s largest and most powerful wind turbine?
Can you provide us with proven ability to work creatively and methodically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and relevant professional experience?
Sales > Offshore Operations > Offshore Operations
Vestas Wind Systems is developing the world's largest and most powerful wind turbine to be deployed in offshore markets. The team will deliver the Operational Readiness of the Vestas construction scope, taking the experience gained from the Prototype construction and developing the skill and capability base further to ensure that we deliver world class pre-assembly, installation, commissioning and maintenance from the beginning of our Commercial projects.
- Supervise a portfolio of complex initiatives that span one or multiple tracks
- Provide leadership and guidance for the Readiness Team to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones
- Supervise all aspects of multiple related projects to ensure the overall program is aligned to and directly supports the achievement of strategic goals
- Reporting and escalating project progress, budget and performance including project achievement criteria
- Prepare estimates and detailed project plan for all phases of the project
- Assign adequate resources to achieve project goals in planned timeframes
- Supervise the day-to-day project activities and resources and facilitate the Readiness Management Team meetings
- Monitor staff performance and complete performance reviews
- Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverable, risks and issues
- Understand interdependencies between technology, operations and business needs
- Supervise project scope and changes
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations to various audiences, including the Steering Group and other key stakeholders
- Define success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle
- Supervise and guide the Readiness Team on a day to day basis
- Supervise project and program issues and risks to mitigate impact to baseline
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, ensuring all reporting requirements are met, in line with Vestas construction requirements
- Perform risk management to minimise project risks
- Ensure maximum lessons learned are captured throughout the life time of the project
- Proven ability to work creatively and methodically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and relevant professional experience
- Proven experience in effectively guiding & delivering complex projects and programs
- Good experience presenting to steering groups/executive sponsors
- Solid communication skills; both written and oral to all levels of the organization
- Have good contractual and technical/product understanding and awareness
- Are comfortable in a culturally diverse environment
- Are reliable and extrovert
- Are solution-oriented with a collaborative mindset
- Are reliable and prepared to go the extra mile
- Have an open mind and a positive attitude
- Have high energy level
- Solid leadership and motivational skills
- Solid Project Management skills
- Great leadership, communication (written, verbal and presentation) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent team-building skills
- Have business understanding
- Build and maintain relationships by engaging key stakeholders to establish transparency, solve problems, build consensus and achieve goals
What we offer
- Great colleagues that support each other and work together
- Great opportunities for professional and personal development
- A broad interface with many stakeholders
Your work location will be in Aarhus, Denmark.
Applications are handled on an ongoing basis. Please apply online with your letter of motivation and CV as soon as possible – and no later than 28th May 2021.
If you have specific questions about the position, please contact Rasmus Ravn, Senior Project Director via phone (45) 40834797
All inquiries are treated confidentially.
Vestas is proud to be the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Vestas strives to be the most inclusive workplace in the sustainable energy industry and ensure equal opportunities for everyone regardless of the social identity. We are stronger as a company not despite our differences, but because of them, both professionally and personally. Beyond a diverse workforce, we want to ensure that all of our employees are included and actively contributing to Vestas’ success and innovation. Only then can we become the global leader in sustainable energy solutions and ensure sustainability in everything we do.
At Vestas, we offer global opportunities for people with growth mindsets and the desire to make a shared and positive impact. We work in the true spirit of our corporate values: accountability, simplicity, collaboration, and passion. We expect everyone to live up to these in their day to day work – no matter what you do and where you are in the organisation.
Learn more about Vestas at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels.