Connecting sensors, devices and systems are essential parts in making our assets smart. We are developing the future connected vessels and connected assets supporting tracking and monitoring end to end of our customers supply-chains. As part of Vessel and Cargo Connectivity team we are looking for a tech-savvy and customer-centric project engineer to help drive how we connect and monitor our reefer fleet worldwide.
You will be part of a team, where responsibility, professionalism and personal development is highly valued attributes and where diversity and multicultural understanding is your daily playground when innovating solutions that will have global impact.
A key role in Fleet Technology - Vessel & Cargo Connectivity team, where you will be working with projects ranging from Proof-of-Concepts to large scale global deployments
Being part of an experienced and international team, that is responsible for road-mapping, specifying, developing and implementing:
- Container and cargo IoT
- Fleet IoT
- Wireless communication from satcom and cellular to multiple low power technologies
- IoT Infrastructure, device and sensor technologies
- Vessel communication and IT platform
- New standards for the logistics industry
The possibility to use existing and develop new skills, knowledge, and ambitions within the maritime as well as land-based logistics domain.
Working closely together with colleagues from Commercial, Operations and Technology to understand and act as secure link to leverage our cross functional capabilities.
The opportunity to set a footprint on a global scale, exploring and delivering insights for our customers (external and internal).
The position is responsible for product management activities related to road-mapping, specification and development and of IoT connectivity and devices for our Reefer fleet Remote Condition Monitoring solution in-line with our container & cargo technology strategy.
- Translate short-term and long-term business challenges and needs into technical digitalization proposals
- Interact with vendors and partners to explore and map current and future trends and possibilities
- Create product roadmap with fit-for-purpose solutions, ensuring that quality and foresight is built into the products and that the plan and dependencies is aligned with stakeholders
- Scope, design, develop and deliver the solutions to the internal business owners in close collaboration with vendors and stakeholders
- Product life cycle management monitoring performance, quality and support maximization of value creation with business owners, including management of vendor relationships and contracts.
- Ensure that capabilities and products are developed generically, to allow cross-business usage, to lower costs and maximise utilization.
Who we are looking for
A digital native with passion for designing and engineering solutions that will enable our assets to support our digitalization agenda.
Holding some engineering experience since graduation, however, most importantly is the passion and ability to use your excellent analytical skills to deeply understand the challenge we are trying to solve for our customers and hereby develop the right approach to address it.
A personality that thrives in lifting together, rather than in autonomy and where team successes are more important than individual achievements.
Experience with high-level hardware design and wireless technologies are mandatory, but ability to understand needs and specify and structure requirements into roadmaps and projects are key competences as well.
Whether you are coming with background from maritime or industry is not important but practical experience is an advantage as good understanding of the physical world challenges valuable.
Good communication skills in English, with presentation and facilitation experience is a plus
Skriv i din ansøgning, at du fandt jobbet på ofir.dk