13. December 2021
An ocean of opportunities!
For a known actor in worldwide cruises we are now looking for experienced OS for unique career opportunities in the cruise industry.
As Members our customers amazing Deck Team an Ordinary Seaman is responsible for the maintenance and conservation of the ship’s decks and superstructures. The primary duty is to aid the watchkeeping team in keeping a safe lookout and to report all sightings and dangers.
Rotation: 6 months on / 2 months off.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Participate in the maintenance of the deck and its associated fittings as instructed by the Bosun.
- Participate in the maintenance and upkeep of accommodation spaces as instructed
- Participate in the preparation of the vessel for arrival and departure port and participate in cargo (stores) loading and discharging operations.
- Attend anchor & mooring station during arrival and departure port.
- Participate in all training programs or drills as directed.
- When directed, carry out other duties in other departments as directed by the Chief Officer (S/C) or Bosun, within the limitations of his position and ability.
- Participate in waste management duties as instructed by his Supervising Officer.
- Any other duties as delegated by the Captain or Staff Captain within the scope of the rank
- Maintain an awareness of environmental and energy efficiency aspects and impacts as relevant to your role, and act as departmental environmental and energy efficiency representative if required (where applicable to the vessel ISO accreditation standard).
Qualifications and Competence:
- US Visa C1/D
- Covid 19 certificate
- Minimal 6 months proven shipboard experience as Ordinary Seamen (Experience from cruise is preferred)
- High School Diploma, Technical training
- Basic STCW Trainings, preferably COP II/4
- English Language proficiency
- Health certificate
Choose FUN, and join the Carnival Crew!
Apply the position and register a profile today, let OSM find you the perfect job match!