MacGregor shapes the offshore and marine industries by offering world-leading engineering solutions and services with a strong portfolio of MacGregor, Hatlapa, Porsgrunn, Pusnes and Triplex brands. Shipbuilders, owners and operators are able to optimise the lifetime profitability, safety, reliability and environmental sustainability of their operations by working in close cooperation with us.
Shape your journey onboard and offshore with us
MacGregor Merchant Solutions Division/Sales and Marketing (MSD) is looking for a Naval Architect, Solutions Sales to join the team. The Naval Architect, Solution Sales is responsible for providing and developing value added customer solutions increasing the customer value, preparing cargo flow solutions and concepts with needed calculations and specifications and mentoring the naval architects in portfolio offering.
As Naval Architect, Solution Sales you will work together with Customer solution and portfolio offering team, Sales functions in other divisions and Global Services Division, MacGregor, Classification societies and other authorities.
This position is based in ourMacGregor's office in Kaarina and reports directly to Sales Director Cargo Stowage Solutions
This position is based in our MacGregor's office in Kaarina and reports directly to Sales Director Cargo Stowage Solutions
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Develop and provide value added solutions and system designs for mainly for shipowners while supporting shipyards and other stakeholders as deemed necessary
- Participate in solutions sales and cross-selling activities and initiate customer visits proactively
- Produce equipment specifications, needed drawings, analysis, payback calculations, cost estimates etc
- Participate in solution development work with needed stakeholders
- Participate in and support sales tools development
- Communicate relevant information and feedback from customers, classification societies and other authorities to R&D, Engineering and Sourcing functions
- Support and advise portfolio offering naval architects on request
- Key Account Management (KAM) responsibility and participation in finding cargo boost leads and sales cases
What you’ll need to succeed:
The person in this role should be independent, self-going, persistent, goal oriented and with deep interest and knowledge of market environment and global trends.
Ideally you have:
- B.Sc / M.Sc in engineering
- At least 5 years of experience with design, tendering and customer interactions
- High level technical knowledge related to MacGregor products is an advantage
- Deep knowledge of technologies and offering of competitors
- Good knowledge of engineering software and tools
- Solid understanding of shipbuilding and shipping industry dynamics
- Fluent in English, spoken and written
- Good knowledge of quality systems (ISO, OHSA, etc) and classification society rules
You will be part of:
By joining MacGregor, you will be able to work closely with leading industry professionals, developing and implementing new concepts that set the standards in the maritime transportation and offshore industries. We offer our employees the opportunity to be part of a truly global organization leveraged upon our shared values of Integrity, Quality and Safety. With us you will be part of a collaborative working culture with challenges and opportunities to further develop yourself professionally.
Interested to join?
If you are excited about this opportunity, please submit your application with CV by November 20th, 2021, or contact the Vice President, Cargo Stowage Solutions, Tommi Kalervo Keskilohko at Tommi.Keskilohko@macgregor.com
MacGregor is part of Cargotec
MacGregor shapes the offshore and marine industries by offering world-leading engineering solutions and services with a strong portfolio of MacGregor, Hatlapa, Porsgrunn, Pusnes and Triplex brands. Shipbuilders, owners and operators are able to optimise the lifetime profitability, safety, reliability and environmental sustainability of their operations by working in close cooperation with MacGregor.
MacGregor solutions and services for handling marine cargoes, vessel operations, offshore loads,crude/LNG transfer and offshore mooring are all designed to perform with the sea. www.macgregor.com
MacGregor is part of Cargotec. Cargotec's (Nasdaq Helsinki: CGCBV) sales in 2020 totalled approximately EUR 3.3 billion and it employs around 11,000 people.