Imagine a future where you support the green transformation of the Danish energy system with model-based analysis
Join us in this role where you’ll maintain and develop our Danish power market model and use it to analyse measures making the production of power and district heat greener and more flexible. You’ll corporate closely with the business in analysing business cases related to the development of our Danish power plants, including production of green fuels and electrification of heat.
Welcome to Risk Management & Markets Analytics
You’ll be part of Markets & Investment Support where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for our long-term price forecasts of a range of commodities. Our forecasts are used in all cases across the business, and the team has frequent exposure towards senior management. The team consists of eleven economists and engineers and uses a number of large-scale power market models in its forecasts.
You’ll play an important role in
- maintaining and developing our Danish power market model
- supporting development of our Danish power plant business through model based analysis
- updating our long-term Danish electricity price forecasts including reviewing input data for the model
- cooperating with internal stakeholders in discussing and analysing key issues.
- preparing power point presentations of analysis results towards senior management.
To succeed in the role, you
- have substantial hands-on experience with C# programming
- have energy system modelling experience preferably with a focus on thermal power plants
- have a master’s degree in either computer science or engineering
- are analytically strong and have a flair for working with complicated analytical challenges
- have a strong personal drive, determination, and initiative.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 30 May 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Claus Jørgensen, Senior Lead Specialist, on +4599556438 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.