Shell Marine is a truly global and growing business, supplying lubricants, chemicals and technical and digital services to customers and their vessels in over 700 ports and 60 countries worldwide. We serve everything from small fishing vessels to the world’s largest container ships, helping to keep the world’s maritime fleet moving which transports over 80% of all goods manufactured and consumed globally.
The Marine Account Manager role is an ideal role for sales professionals passionate about making a difference. You will support existing and new customers with their lubricant needs, help grow Shell’s new Shipcare chemicals business and deliver innovative and industry-leading technical and digital services to help push the industry forward. You will play a key role in supporting customers through the Energy Transition. Join us and help drive meaningful change as we tackle the challenge of helping to decarbonize the shipping industry.
Where you fit in?
You will join an international and diverse team of sales and technical professionals within Shell’s Sectors and Decarbonisation organisation. The Northern European Shell Marine team is an integral part of Shell’s global Marine business and focusses on serving customers based in the Nordics, the Benelux, the UK and Germany. This role will be in Oslo, Norway.
What’s the role?
You will be responsible for managing and growing the business with customers based in the Nordics. This includes direct business with globally operating ship owners, managers and purchasing groups for example. You will have end to end customer responsibility, working closely with a wide-ranging team including technical, supply, marketing, customer service and other sales professionals.
Specifically, your key accountabilities will include:
- Help drive meaningful change in the Marine industry by supporting customers through the Energy Transition;
- Represent Shell’s brand, mission and products in the global shipping industry based in the Nordics;
- Evaluate, understand and support customers’ lubricant and chemical (Shell Shipcare) product’s and technical and digital services’ needs, managing the end to end sales cycle from customer acquisition, contract negotiations through to product delivery;
- Actively prospect and develop a pipeline of new business;
- Collaborate closely with a global team of Sales, Technical, Marketing and Supply Chain professionals to deliver the best possible customer experience;
- Continuously help improve what and how we serve our existing (and future) customers in the best possible way.
What we need from you?
We are looking for a passionate, curious, highly motivated self-starter and team-player with a proven track record of achievement. To be considered for this role you will have:
- Extensive experience in Sales with solid understanding of Supply Chain Management preferably in the Maritime industry;
- Proven experience in account management with the ability to effectively communicate and credibly influence people at all levels;
- Demonstrated experience in the delivery of solutions that are client-focused and based on the needs of customers;
- Digital savvy with strong technical background and/or specific Shipping experience is advantageous;
- Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation abilities;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in Norwegian and English;
- A driver’s license and willingness to travel.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential…
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.