Are you a qualified leader, and do you have experience working with resource management in an international environment? Then have a look at this exciting opportunity to develop your career at Vestas, a market leader in sustainable energy!
External Resource management is responsible for coordinating all our subcontractors across all Vestas Offshore activities within Operations.
The department consists of a site administration, responsible for supporting the project teams setting up new site offices, accommodation for the travelling employees and coordinating administrative site staff.
As Manager, you will set the strategy for all subcontractors supporting Vestas Offshore activities together with the Category Management team. Further, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Leading and developing a team of team leaders and coordinators who are working hard to support all operations offshore activities and the growth of Vestas
- Coordination of all hiring of external labor across pre-assembly, construction, service and special projects
- Creating a forecast of our demand in both the short and long term to ensure that we have enough proficient and trained subcontractors to secure resources for our project pipeline
- Time registration and Invoice controlling
- Driving various projects: improvement cases and cost out projects
The ideal candidate is expected to have the following qualifications:
- Relevant background and solid experience with management and leading on a distance
- Experience from working in a global matrix organisation, collaborating across borders with different cultures and across time zones
- High-level experience with stakeholder management across functions
- Ability to operate on both strategic and tactical/operational levels
- Great communication skills and fluency in English, both verbally and in writing
We envision that you have the following competencies:
- Good leadership skills and a high level of flexibility. Leading by example and willing to make the necessary decisions with limited supervision
- Thrives in a growing organisation with tight deadlines
- A well-organised, pragmatical and structured approach to your work
- Good organisational skills, a positive mindset and a can-do attitude
What we offer
We offer an exciting job with great opportunities for professional and personal development in a fast-paced commercial environment. We value initiative, responsibility, and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions. You will become part of a highly professional environment with efficient technical commitment and the will to complete. You will use your skills to enable Vestas to solve one of the most important global tasks of our time - ensuring a more sustainable future.
Your primary work location will at our office in Aarhus, Denmark.
Approx. 40 travel days per year is to be expected.
Applications are handled on an ongoing basis, so please apply online as soon as possible and no later than the 20th of June 2021.
For additional information about the position please contact Director, Operations Site Resources, Carsten Fabricius Madsen at +45 5084 7617.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 113 GW of wind turbines in 81 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 96 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 25.000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.