Imagine a future - where internet connectivity knows no boundaries
Big tech companies trust us to help them bring internet connectivity to remote communities, as we have what it takes to lead and deliver on the most ambitious communications projects. The purpose of our technology is to keep people safe and connected in the remotest of locations. At Cobham SATCOM, we believe that new state-of-the-art technology is created by joining people with facts and ideas.
We now have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Key Account Manager (Land) who is passionate about the future and the role that Satellites will play. You will be a strategic thinker on behalf of the customer and will be a significant part of shaping key account management in SATCOM. You will define KA ambition and build up KA set-up for initial set of prioritized accounts. This is a great opportunity to join our company during an exciting period of growth, and work closely with one of the largest satellite communication companies worldwide.
You will be responsible for developing and maintaining solid relationships with named Key Accounts, maximizing long-term mutual benefits and satisfaction. Mobilise Cobham Satcom around the business opportunities, engaging cross-functional stakeholders and ensuring constant progress.
Be part of shaping KAM in SATCOM – define KA ambition and build up KA set-up for initial set of prioritized accounts
Location: HQ in Lyngby, Denmark
Travelling: ~50 annual travel days. For the initial 6 months, expected to spend 3-4 days per week in Lyngby
As a Key Account Manager (Land) your key responsibilities will include:
Strategy and Planning (for each assigned KA)
- Fully understand KA mission, organization, needs and business priorities
- Identify and quantify opportunities for growth and for new business, including new products and services. Understand KA total current and future spend
- Define, together with Vertical Heads and CEO, our ambition level in terms of orders, revenues, margin, specifications and programs, Share of Wallet
- Articulate relevant and differentiating value propositions for each of the target divisions and stakeholders at the KA, in collaboration with PMM
- Develop strong and trustful relationships with senior stakeholders in multiple divisions and functions at the KA
- Define Cobham Satcom strategy for the KA, including must-win battles
- Document all the above in a constantly updated KA Plan, validate key parts of it with the KA, and effectively communicate it internally
Sales execution (for each assigned KA)
- Translate the strategic plan into a prioritized action plan
- Manage RFI/RFPs and drive the proper response and customized solutions where applicable
- For our Land portfolio, execute the sales process including negotiation and closing
- For our Maritime portfolio, engage / introduce the responsible salespeople and support them with senior relationships and information
- Act as the main point of escalation between KA and Cobham Satcom to resolve issues quickly and seamlessly
- Monitor progress and results through Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs) with the KA top management and internal stakeholders
- Measure KA satisfaction and drive proper corrective action
Help us to provide connectivity to remote areas
Starting your career at Cobham SATCOM means that you will be surrounded by peers that are experts in their field where you can learn from the best and gain relevant skills to adapt to this continuously changing world. Being part of Cobham SATCOM opens up opportunities for you to gain technical hands-on experience and diverse capabilities relevant to the future to make an actual difference in the SATCOM industry. Of the 553 people we employ worldwide, more than 200 are engaged in R&D in Lyngby. Work together with talented, helpful and fun colleagues who value teamwork and integrity.
As a Key Account Manager (Land) your skills and experience should ideally include:
- Bachelor or master degree in engineering or business
- Minimum 10 years sales and sales mgmt experience
- Minimum 3 years in a dedicated KAM role, managing complex key accounts
- Ability to think strategically whilst achieving results
- Excellent communicator at all levels with a flexible & consultative approach
- Ability to think creatively and exploit business opportunities.
- Ability to adapt to a changing business and market-place
- Ability to prioritise and manage a considerable workload
- Business Ethics & Trust: High integrity. Understands the need for ethics in business.
- Demonstrates proper business conduct. Maintains confidentiality and can be trusted.
- Language Ability: Fluent English written and spoken, other languages are a plus
- 5 years’ experience in the Satellite and Radio Communications industries
- Experience with working with channel partners in an indirect sales model
Please be advised that successful candidates must be willing to present a criminal record check and go through the mandatory security clearance prior to commencing employment with Cobham SATCOM.
About Cobham SATCOM
At Cobham SATCOM, we create, develop, innovate, and share the responsibility to fulfil our potential – both on a company and individual basis. We believe our culture of ownership, agility, and openness creates an environment that fosters collaboration and growth that empowers us to achieve our goals. Join us and be part of bringing our inspiring projects to life. When connection matters you can count on Cobham SATCOM. It will be an exciting and rewarding journey so if you are up for a challenge we hope to hear from you.
For more information please contact Alison.Nissen@cobham.com