Junior Finance Analyst for Business Finance – now hiring!
COP is a specialized provider of project development and construction management services to offshore wind projects and supporting Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners (CIP) within development and construction of offshore wind farm projects. CIP's and COP’s development activities are growing rapidly with projects in Europe, North America, Asia and Australia, with offices in Copenhagen, Boston, Taipei, Seoul, Tokyo, Melbourne, Edinburgh, and Hanoi.
To support our growth ambitions, we have set up an agile Finance team, which is headed by our CFO and currently consists of 5 full-time employees and 10 students. The team will be focal point scaling COP from the rapid growing international start-up it is today to a successful and significant larger global company.
The Business Finance team is a sub-team within the Finance function and is responsible for Financial Management Reporting, Internal Budgets & Cost Controlling and various Analyses & Tools. To support our growth we are looking to hire one additional of the very best students within Finance & Accounting for the Business Finance team.
Key duties for you and the team will be to:
- Design, develop and prepare operational and financial reporting for executive management
- Develop and monitor cashflow forecasts as well as conduct several scenario analyses
- Identify cost drivers and analyze efficiency improvements
- Assist on the controlling of the financial closing including the consolidation of foreign subsidiaries
- Design and update financial analyses tools for strategic decision making
- Design, develop and implement standardized business processes
- Ad hoc CFO and executive management assistance
We expect you to be self-driven, curious, eager to learn and keen to challenge yourself with new tasks in a changing and challenging environment. Ideally, you will be in your last year of the B.Sc or the first year of your M.Sc. program and have completed the first part of your study as one of the best in your class.
- You are one of the brightest students at your Bachelor or Master program
- You have a good understanding of Financial Accounting & Controlling
- You are a fast learner and have solid analytical skills
- You are a profound user of Powerpoint and Excel
- You have experience from previous student job(s) or internships
- You are a team player and thrive in an empowered environment
- You can work 15-20 hours per week
In COP we work in an entrepreneurial start-up culture, empowered, agile, lean and in cross-functional teams. It is essential you thrive in dynamic environments and are self-starting. Furthermore, your personality and diverse skillset enable you to create and maintain relations and communicate efficiently across a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
If this is you, we offer a unique chance to gain firsthand experience from the operational management of capital funds entirely focused on the development and construction of renewable energy projects around the globe. We offer a highly challenging environment and an opportunity to get close to some of the most interesting renewable energy projects and work within one of the most successful teams in our industry. Being a fast-growing start-up, you will get great responsibility from your very first day in COP and you will gain experience on executive management communication and scaling growth. As part of the CFO support team, you will interact directly with the CFO thereby getting executive management interaction and experience with a broad field of tasks within the CFO area.
The position will be based at our Copenhagen office, but speaking Danish is absolutely not a requirement, as COP is an international company with English as its corporate language.
We will assess applications and recruit on an ongoing basis.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Senior Finance Analyst, Lena Biester via firstname.lastname@example.org