Are you ready to plant your feet solidly in the field of HR and gain valuable experience from working in a global high-performing company? In this newly created position, we are on the lookout for an HR Student Assistant to join the Svitzer Europe HR team, supporting the Svitzer Scandinavia cluster. You will take part in helping the wheels go around in Svitzer Scandinavia (and particularly Denmark) from an HR perspective and you will have ample opportunity to build your HR foundation and knowledge in this role.
You will be joining a dynamic and highly international maritime company operating in 36 countries across four regions. Svitzer is a towage company, which means we help our customers maneuver their larger ships safely and timely in and out of port. For example, you may have heard about the large container ship stuck in the Suez Canal a little while ago – our Svitzer tug boats in the region played an active role in supporting the mission of freeing the large container ship from its dire straits and we helped unlock the gridlock that global trade was experiencing due to the incident.
This role is based at Svitzer Europe’s headquarters at Esplanaden 50 in Copenhagen where we enjoy a beautiful view of the waterside right outside our window on the 5th floor and access to excellent coffee at the in-house Kafferiet café. You will be reporting to Annika who is the HR Business Partner in Scandinavia.
You will become part of a European HR team tasked with delivering excellent HR support, solutions and advice to the business. You will be able to apply your academic knowledge and skills to a range of HR challenges and tasks. You will be expected to work independently and take responsibility for your own projects and tasks, supported by the team to help your learning.
- Support colleagues based in Denmark on questions and tasks related to employment and benefits, for example payroll, holiday, benefits according to our handbook, and support on implementation of policy changes
- Support core HR processes from recruitment to offboarding, giving you exposure to and experience with the “HR machine room” including employment law related matters
- Contract management, including writing and issuing employment contracts and addendums, file management and general confidential data handling
- Assist in ad-hoc HR projects and processes as needed, for example Employee Engagement, Talent Management, Performance Management and Diversity & Inclusion
We are looking for
The ideal candidate showcases the following behaviours and skills:
- You are thorough, take pride in getting the details right and take ownership of your tasks and projects
- You are mature, professional and understand the importance of confidentiality in the work that goes on in HR
- You are a multi-tasker, who understands how to prioritize and pay attention to the importance of executing operational processes accurately and timely
- You demonstrate excellent proficiency in both verbal and written English and Danish
- You are in the early part of your bachelor’s degree in HR, social sciences, humanities, business, economics or related field
A student work permit is required if you are not an EU citizen. We expect you to work approx. 15-20 hours per week.
We look forward to receiving your CV in English and a maximum one-page motivational letter describing 1-2 HR elements you are curious to learn more about and why, in the role as HR Student Assistant in Svitzer Scandinavia. We will be reviewing and interviewing candidates on an ongoing basis, so we recommend you to apply as soon as possible.
If you have questions about the role, please contact Annika Rathje, HR Business Partner Scandinavia: firstname.lastname@example.org