JOIN VIKING – and help save lives for a living
As a global leader in its field, VIKING Life-Saving Equipment A/S has a clear mission: to protect and save lives all over the world. This relies on continuous innovation in safety equipment, service and training, which is made possible by the great people we bring together.
Develop your skills the international way
Join our team as we develop game-changing safety solutions for the world’s largest cruise and ferry owners, leading commercial shipping giants, major offshore energy operators, navies and a wealth of other maritime organizations worldwide. Experience a dynamic and inspiring working environment as part of a skilled and diverse workforce. We see the world as our home market – and we think and act from a global perspective.
Where do you come in?
Are you looking for that perfect place to drive and deliver the internal training landscape in a Global Market Leader within Saving Lives all over the World?
Can you identify yourself contributing to VIKING´s continued success through the people agenda - and navigate in a passioned global organisation where Quality and thereby Safety is the highest priority ?
And would it be cool if that company happened to protect and save lives for a living?
If the answer is YES - then seize the opportunity to become Global Training Manager with VIKING Life-Saving Equipment, joining our dedicated Academy team in our Global QLA division (QHSE, Legal and Academy). The position refers to the Vice President for QLA.
In the role you’ll use your strong strategic and tactical skills and experience in further developing VIKING´s internal training products and deliverables together with a large highly competent team in Academy and the rest of VIKING also developing state of the art training to Global Customers and 300+ service stations across the World.
Our ambitions within the area are high and we are always focused on deliver business fit solutions further supporting and enabling our professional global organisation deliver the undisputed best solutions and services within our field.
In our department we value our global oriented, responsible and committed culture - and whether we work hard, win or celebrate - we do it as a team!
The position is full time and upto 40 travel days / year should be expected once possible.
Your skills, effort and passion for value creating training will be key to successfully:
- Transform business needs and strategy into training in close cooperation with HR, Top management and the rest of the organization.
- Navigate in a global passionate organization with many stakeholders
- Closely liaise with the rest of the Academy organization to share and capture best practices
- Utilize best standards within the field and be open minded for intelligent future training solutions and methods, including breaking new ice.
To succeed, you:
- Have 10+ years in a similar position in a larger Global Organization with high ambitions and standards
- Probably have a very solid theoretical background relevant to the position.
- Have a long track record of developing and delivering (i.e. together with a team) internal training programs and structures supporting the strategy.
- Can identify yourself with VIKING´s values and mission.
- Excellent organizational skills including ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external business partners and staff at all levels
- Master written English and maybe German as well
Become a lifesaver
VIKING Life-Saving Equipment is a global leader and full-scope solutions provider dedicated to maritime safety. We supply and service lifeboats, liferafts, evacuation systems, protective gear, firefighting equipment and much more, serving thousands of owners and operators of ships and offshore assets worldwide. Safety is at our core, and our mission is to protect and save lives globally.
Your VIKING journey starts here:
Send us your application as soon as possible, as we conduct job interviews continuously and fill the position once we have found the right candidate.
If you’d like to know more about the position and about working at VIKING please contact Vice President, QHSE, Legal and Academy Tim Engell Pedersen on +45 2542 8110 – or Vice President, People & Organization Mette Brødholt Berg on +45 2542 8124.