Imagine a future where you’re responsible for assessing asset optimisations and investment opportunities within green energy
Join us in this role where you’ll help the business create business cases and project valuations used to evaluate potential investments in new technologies, such as Carbon Capture, and to optimise the current CHP assets. Further the analyses are used in contract negotiations with our heat customers.
Welcome to Investment Analysis
You’ll be part of Markets & Bioenergy where you, together with your colleagues, will support the business with analyses and valuations of the organisation’s energy assets, such as our combined heat and power (CHP) plants. You’ll work in a caring and ambitious team of 7 colleagues and you’ll work closely with contract managers, project developers, and energy market specialists to deliver business case models and investment decision material.
You’ll play an important role in:
- performing valuations and investment optimisation of your own portfolio of projects, i.e. CHP plants
- developing, maintaining, and operating business cases and valuation models in Excel
- preparing decision material and recommendations for senior management and executives
- contributing with ad hoc financial analyses to the business and participating in cross-functional and corporate development projects
- liaising with the many different stakeholders and helping to build a bridge between finance and the business.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a master’s degree in finance, economics, or similar
- are newly graduated or have little experience from an equivalent position in a large company, a consultancy company, or from investment banking
- are proficient and experienced in working in Excel with discounted cash flow valuation, risk modelling, and impact on accounts
- having a passion for the energy sector and basic understanding of market drivers, regulatory regimes, and accounting standards is preferable, and having experience with business case models of CHP plants is a plus
- have both empathy and power that enable you to impact the business and create good relationships across the organisation.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 9 May 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Andreas Michel Frederiksen, Senior Manager, on +4599556451 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
About the job
Application deadline: 9 May 2021
Working hours: Full-time
Employment type: Permanent
Andreas Michel Frederiksen
- 6,000 employees worldwide.
- Headquartered in Denmark and located in 13 countries.
- Ørsted develops, constructs and operates offshore and onshore wind farms, solar farms, energy storage facilities, and bioenergy plants, and provides energy products to its customers.
- Our vision is to create a world that runs entirely on green energy.
An inclusive team
Ørsted wants all employees to have the same opportunities for impact and growth, regardless of age, nationality, disability, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation or beliefs. We’re committed to secure an inclusive work environment characterised by a respect for all people so everyone feels free to openly share their input and ideas.
What we offer
- Pension scheme, health insurance and five weeks of holiday entitled by the Danish Holiday Act. In addition to the five weeks of holiday, you’ll also receive a total of 10 paid days off for holiday purposes and fixed holidays per holiday year. For new employees, the allocation of paid holidays is made on a pro rata basis, depending on the date of employment.