11. October 2021
Vattenfall is one of Europe´s largest electricity generators and producers of heat. We operate in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map aiming at achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
We are looking for an Export Control & Customs Specialist within O&M Supply Chain department, in Integrated Operations for our Business Unit Offshore Wind, a part of the Vattenfall Organization.
The Export Control & Customs Specialist works as part of Supply Chain team and performs various tasks, including being functionally responsible for export control and compliance in the different customs procedures.
You will report to the Manager of Supply Chain in Integrated Operations.
The scope of work will be for various parts of the assets in all offshore wind farms in Vattenfall, such as but not limited to:
- Overall export control of the materials and ensure the customs compliance in the different activities in the business.
- Support colleagues in customs related topics in the different wind parks within the BU Offshore Wind.
The Export Control & Customs Specialist ensures that we have full compliance of customs related activities in Vattenfall, performance all export control procedures, and be a key player in planning, implementing and following up strategies and activities relevant to customs Compliance and risk management.
As Export Control & Customs Specialist in Supply Chain you will have the following key responsibilities:
- Execution of customs and export control related tasks.
- Contact Person for questions in the field of foreign trade and customs within the BU Offshore Wind.
- Contact with the customs authorities when needed.
- Monitoring of exports and imports on a daily basis to be compliant with the relevant legislation.
- Coordinating customs clearance for imports through customs agent (Direct Import representation)
- Supporting the Export Control & Customs Manager (ECM) in the field of process development, customs documentation, improvement initiatives, audits, trainings, etc.
- Responsible for export control measures like for e.g. embargo checks, sanction list screening and goods checks (Dual-Use, US-Reexport, etc.).
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders in the field of tax, customs and supply chain.
- Reporting on customs-related topics.
As Export Control & Customs Specialist in Supply Chain you will have the following key deliverables/activities:
Day-to-day customs control management
- Control of proformas and materials.
- Plan, coordinate and apply for export licenses.
- Execute controls to ensure compliant and timely exports or imports.
- Communication and coordination with warehouse on daily basis
- Check customs data register in SAP or other documents.
- Working closely alongside with internal and external partners.
- Contact with the Warehouse, Procurement, O&M Projects, Suppliers and Manufacturers for coordination of the good to be exported or imported.
- Prevent delays and creating solutions with legal base.
- Reporting possible risk and suggest solutions or improvements.
Document and Records management
- Manage the documents and records to be kept according the national tax legislation.
You, the Export Control and Customs Specialist and Export Control and Customs Manager are part of the Supply Chain department in Integrated Operations. Together with the rest of the Supply Chain department (Warehouse teams, Supply Chain Coordinators), you work with key stakeholders to ensure availability of parts that are in scope of Supply Chain.
Your key interfaces are Integrated Supply Chain team, O&M Projects, Site managers, coordinators and planners, Commercial Management, Procurement, Team lead Logistic and Supply, 3rd party service providers, Suppliers, Manufacturers and Customs.
As a Export Control & Customs Specialist in Supply Chain you hold the following qualifications:
- Completed studies in business administration, commercial law, logistic or a comparable qualification.
- Documented experience with setting up/managing customs activities.
- Experience of customs export/import process.
- Knowledge of developing customs and compliance procedures.
- Knowledge about customs tariff number (HTS) classification.
- Understanding of rules and regulations governing export business (UCC).
- Knowledge of trade compliance (customs and export control) regulations.
- Experience with Incoterms.
- Experience with MS Office and Windows, SAP.
Who are you?
You have an excellent analytical and organizational skills, also you have attention to detail and are able to work collaboratively in a team environment.
You have the courage to say STOP! in non-compliance situations while always looking for opportunities to solve the problem.
A flexible attitude with regards to tasks, hours and travelling as/when necessary.
You are commercially and operationally minded.
Excellent communication skill, diplomacy, positive attitude and ability to perform team activities under pressure are some of the key qualities that will make you successful in the role.
You are also comfortable working in a wide variety of environments and can quickly learn, with the ability to adapt to new skills and processes.
You are fluent in Danish and English. Most of the interfaces at the office will be danish speaking but all work carried out and interfaces within Vattenfall will be in English.
The location for the position is Esbjerg or Kolding, Denmark.
We offer you a challenging and independent job in an informal working environment. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
For your information
If you have any questions regarding the position please contact Joyce Westi at +45 27 87 51 09.
If you have any questions to the recruiting process please contact Senior Recruiter Jette Ingeberg at +45 22 57 07 51.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter. Last day to apply is the 30th of Octobber 2021.
Apply online on this page.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be a good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20.000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like solar PV and batteries. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. In addition, we have a clear strategy to develop our solar PV and battery operations further.