MMT, part of Ocean Infinity, is seeking a Data Processor (Grade 1/Grade 2).
Ocean Infinity is a pioneer of large scale marine robotic operations deploying robotic technologies to capture ocean data and deliver maritime solutions whilst minimising our environmental footprint. Our purpose is to innovate using robotics and technology to transform industries, enabling people and the planet to thrive. Ocean Infinity is a place where creativity and innovation is demanded and allowed to flourish.
Ocean Infinity and MMT announced the acquisition in March 2021 and that brings together MMT’s deep expertise and established track record as a distinguished marine survey and data analytics provider and Ocean Infinity’s best-in-class robotic technology and operational expertise. The combined force will maximise the potential of Ocean Infinity’s fleet of Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs), and the soon to be launched Armada fleet of uncrewed, low-emission, robotic ships.
MMT Sweden AB was founded in 1976 and is today a leading marine survey company dedicated to providing the highest quality hydrographic, geophysical and geotechnical services worldwide. Our clients are in the oil and gas industry, renewable industry, cable industry and in government organisations.
Work location: UK, Sweden, Norway*
Division / Department: Data Processing Department
Reports to: Data Processing Manager
As a Data Processor you will be an essential part of our offshore team. You will primarily be processing subsea vehicle navigation, multibeam and cable/pipe track data. You are expected to be able to process and QC data at every stage, from acquisition to final product, and assist the Senior Data Processor to ensure that our data meets the project specifications. You will be working on rotation on our vessels in Europe and USA.
The responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- You will assist the Senior Data Processor in the mobilisation and calibration procedures;
- You will independently process and QC MBES, INS, cable/pipe track data, and produce final products;
- You will occasionally lead the data processing on smaller scale projects;
- You will communicate with the Senior Data Processor or Data Processing Advisor to ensure data acquisition meets the project requirements.
- Minimum 1 year’s relevant experience in Data Processing including:
- Experience with ROV operations;
- Experience in EIVA offline processing software – NaviModel/NaviEdit;
- Understanding of geodesy;
- Knowledge of industry standards;
- Meticulous with an ability to work under pressure;
- Team player with excellent communication skills.
- Experience with CARIS HIPS and SIPS processing software.
- Experience in AUV survey.
- Rotations will be 4 weeks (4 weeks offshore, 4 weeks leave), with some possibility to do 2 or 6 week rotations;
- Competitive salary based on 180 days offshore per year;
- Private medical insurance.;
- Private pension;
- Training courses and the opportunity to progress in the company.
- Complies with Ocean Infinity management system policies, all OIMS practices, programs, and procedures;
- Successfully completes required training as identified by OIMS and the management team;
- Participates in the OIMS by reporting events, attending meetings and workshops, reporting problems, and recommending improvements, and other related activities;
- Informs an Ocean Infinity Supervisor, Team Lead, or Manager of any unidentified risks, hazards, or system deficiencies in the workplace;
- Supports Ocean Infinity’s environmental and social goals.
Ocean Infinity is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
- To be considered for this position it is a requirement that you are entitled to work in EU/UK.