As the world’s leading owner and operator of LPG carriers with five decades of operating experience, BW LPG promotes competitive, sustainable solutions to secure value for society and our stakeholders.
Our global footprint spans seven countries with 17 nationalities represented across our workforce. Our fleet of 47 Very Large Gas Carriers (VLGC) offer a total carrying capacity of over 3 million CBM. From spot voyages and time charters to Contracts of Affreightments (CoAs), our emphasis on flexible, reliable service has earned the trust of leading oil companies as well as trading and utility companies.
BW LPG is associated with BW Group, one of the world's leading shipping groups. BW Group's controlled fleet of over 360 vessels includes product tankers, LNG and LPG carriers, floating storage and regasification units (FSRUs), dry cargo carriers, crude oil supertankers and floating production storage and offloading (FPSO) units.
JOIN US FOR THE FUTURE
We are currently seeking:
Crew Manager BW LPG
BW is looking for a highly motivated Crewing professional to join our experienced Crewing Team in Oslo to support our strong fleet expansion and continued growth plans in the LPG, LNG and FSRU segment.The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of Crewing Operation for an assigned fleet of 12-15 ships, making it an excellent opportunity for learning and professional growth for an individual who is ambitious, curious, hard-working, responsible, independent and self-propelled.
The Crew Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the Crewing Operations for the ships assigned under his / her portfolio with support from local manning offices and Agents
- Budgets; Preparation of annual Budgets, monthly review and full year estimates
- Cost control; Approval of invoices, contracts, payroll, overtime, bonusses and claims
- Crew Planning; Rotation & Crew Change plans, Safe Manning, experience matrices, Q88 and Crew Supply & Demand reports
- Crew Development; Appraisals, Training, Assessments, Promotions and disciplinary cases
- Recruitment; Sourcing and hiring of Crew
- Medical; P&I claims, medical emergencies, cost control, record keeping and PEME
- Manning Agents; liaising with and audit of Manning Offices/agents
- Account Management; Internal Customer relations
- Union; Renewal and management of union agreements
- Compliance; Training & qualification matrix, D&A tests, MLC and Flag state requirements
- Procedures; Be able to update, develop and roll out Crewing procedures
- A Bachelor degree in relevant studies or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 year of experience working in a manning environment, preferably from the maritime industry
- Maritime studies or seagoing experience is an advantage
- Digital competence and interest, as well as experience with Excel
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
The candidate must qualify for permanent residence permit for work purposes in Norway.
- High motivation and drive, flexible attitude
- Structured, focused and well organized
- Proven ability to work independently with good collaboration skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, sometimes under pressure and in time constraints
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with cultural awareness
- Personal values well aligned with BW Values
- Competitive terms
- International and highly competent working environment
- A challenging position and good opportunities for individual development
The role will be based in Oslo.
For further information, feel free to contact Anne Marit Heber Nærby in Compass Human Resources, tel. +47 924 49 114. We welcome your application and CV in English as soon as possible via the application button. Due to GDPR, please do not send CVs and/or applications by email.