BW Group is a leading global maritime company involved in shipping, floating infrastructure, deepwater oil & gas production, and new sustainable technologies. BW Group controls a fleet of over 400 ships transporting crude oil, oil products, and dry commodities, and comprises one of the largest gas fleets in the world with 190 LNG and LPG vessels. The group also has interests in the renewables space, and currently holds investments within solar, offshore wind, batteries, biofuels and water treatment. The group was founded by Sir YK Pao in Hong Kong in 1955 as World-Wide Shipping. In 2003, the group acquired Bergesen, Norway’s largest shipping company founded in 1935, and in 2005, the business was re-branded as BW. BW Group’s mission is to deliver energy for the world today and find solutions for tomorrow.
JOIN US FOR THE FUTURE
We are currently seeking:
In order to support our vision to be Best on Water, BW is looking for a highly motivated trainee that will strengthen the commercial team to support our fleet expansion and continued growth plans. Upon successful completion of the trainee period, there are potential opportunities for assignments within one of the commercial segments in BW Group, depending on the candidate’s preferences and the organisation’s needs.
Our trainee will be a part of one of the leading management programmes in Norway, Maritime Trainee, which is organised for leading players in the maritime industry by the Norwegian Shipowner’s Association (Rederiforbundet). The programme lasts for 18 months and combines working in a world leading maritime company with five academic modules planned to take place in Norway, Singapore and London, offering you an outstanding way to start your career. In BW, the trainee will spend time across various departments and get exposed to commercial, financial, legal and technical challenges. There is potential for spending parts of the trainee period in Singapore and to join one of our LNG carriers for a shorter sailing period.
- Be a key team member in the business development team in BW LNG, participating in deals from origination to execution and on to contract management
- Conduct market research and analysis on the LNG shipping and FSRU sectors
- Build and maintain project and financial models
- Prepare marketing proposals and other related materials
- Analyse trends and operational data
- Participate in specific projects as required
- MBA or Master’s degree within Shipping, Finance, Business Management, Economics, Industrial Economics, Engineering or equivalent degrees
- Previous internships within the finance/shipping industry are an advantage
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- High motivation and drive with a flexible attitude
- Strong commercial acumen and understanding of market dynamics
- Structured and well-organised
- Proven ability to work independently, but with solid teamwork skills
- Strong analytical and reasoning ability
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with cultural awareness
- A challenging position with good opportunities for individual and professional development
- An international and highly competent working environment
- Joining one of the leading maritime groups in the world in a time of strong growth
- Competitive terms
The position will be based in Oslo, some travelling should be expected.
Please include your motivation letter, CV, and transcripts (higher education and high school or equivalent) in your application. For further information please contact: Karl Staubo, Commercial Analyst (former Maritime Trainee), phone: +47 93 63 39 59 or Kamilla Moestue Røstad, HR Manager, phone: +47 90 41 94 96.