COLLECTIONS MANAGER, AALBORG
Bunker Holding A/S is searching for an analytical and organised Collections Manager, one who has flair for constructive communication and will investigate all alternative solutions to minimise losses in complex situations, as well as assisting in monitoring delinquent accounts and chase for interest collection. We offer a challenging, newly created position in a well-established team with a global business span.
At Bunker Holding Collections, we handle collections by processing payments and interest across all companies within the Bunker Holding Group. We hold a central role in the organisation with daily interactions with many stakeholders. As an international bunkering company, most of our customers are from the shipping industry. We pride ourselves on handling all our collections through expert analysis and ongoing dialogue with our valued customers. Our main activities include collecting debt, negotiating on repayment policies, as well as risk management.
You will work from our office located in Aalborg and join a team of dedicated and committed collections professionals. They will give you a thorough introduction to the business and tasks within the first six month of your employment. You will become a part of a dynamic team who values development and a great working atmosphere. The position is full time and work outside normal office hours should be expected due to our global presence.
The following areas will be your responsibility:
- Collect and follow-up on payments and interest from customers
- Establish yourself as speaking partner and proactively follow up with Bunker Traders in your assigned offices around the world, regarding unpaid debt and credit related issues
- Reach out to customers with unpaid debt and attempt to collect from them. When relevant, negotiate credit extensions, interest agreement and set up repayment plans
- Advise customers of default consequences and debt repayment policies
- Keep track of delinquent accounts worldwide
- Collaborate with attorneys and maritime lawyers around the world for debt collection
- Prepare statements and reports to management
- Act as a role model and proactively share own credit risk competences across units to enable a continuing strengthening of competencies within Sales Departments
- Proactively contribute to an efficient risk management process, in order to make it possible to save costs and reduce risk within Bunker Holding A/S
- Travel activity can be expected but will be to a limited extent
“From the day I joined Bunker-Holding I was given a huge chunk of responsibility, which gave me a feeling of being a valuable employee from the very beginning. Every day is different, and you are faced with new challenges which gives you the opportunity to experience the diversity of an international industry from a legal perspective.” Says Senior Collections Manager Line Madsen
You are an ambitious, driven, organised and analytical individual with a great sense for people skills. You have great communication skills and thrive in an environment where communication is key to success in your daily tasks.
You have a natural interest for law and communication and want to learn and develop your skillset within these areas. It is not a requirement to have an education within the areas. We imagine that you have finished high school or, preferably, a higher education and maybe also have had your first job experience. Experience from a similar job is not a requirement as we will make sure you receive the proper training. We value your energy and flair for crucial business relations as highly important and essential in this role. Furthermore, we imagine that you have:
- The ability to thrive in an adaptable environment by with a true thinking-on-your-feet attitude.
- Fluent in English and can communicate on a professional level both verbally and written.
- Good analytical skills and sound business judgement
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- A pragmatic, commercial and solution-oriented approach
Join our team today
If you have any questions, please contact Senior Collections Manager Line Madsen via firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to receiving your application. We handle incoming application on an ongoing basis. So, please send your application and CV soon as possible.
Bunker Holding is the world’s leading company in bunker trading.
We make fuelling ships simple. Since 1981 we have specialised in the purchase, sale and supply of fuel and lube oil to ships. We also help manage risk and volatility in fuel prices.
With more than 1500 specialists in 33 countries worldwide, our clients know that a local expert is always at hand with detailed insights into suppliers, port logistics, local availability and pricing. Bunker Holding is the largest company in the USTC Group. Learn more at www.bunker-holding.com.