DNV Maritime Norway is searching for surveyor to join our team in Oslo.
In DNV our vision is to be a trusted voice to tackle global transformations.
- Certification of materials and components for ships and offshore units.
- Survey of equipment at manufacturers and local clients intended for ships and offshore installations.
- Regularly meet and interact with our customers and support with technical assistance to clients.
- Following up periodical surveys and assessments at customer sites and providing local support both on site and remotely.
- The work is carried out within our geographical area, but some travel must be expected.
- We are looking for a surveyor with master/bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering.
- The candidate needs preferably to cover several fields of competence and the following education background is applicable: technical education within marine, electro, mechanical, welding (IWE/IWI), Non-Destructive Test (NDT) and quality control experience form overhaul workshop.
- Interest and willingness to build competence within the above-mentioned disciplines
- Fluent Norwegian and English language skills
- Valid driver’s license.
- Experience from the offshore industry, maritime industry or shipbuilding is an advantage.
- Graduates will also be considered.
- Passion for working closely with customers.
- Self-driven and willing to share
- Open to change, proactive, and with a service-minded attitude
- Desire to take part in solving complex issues (not only pointing at the solution)
- Ability to work individually as well as in a collaborative environment
- Committed to safety
- Passion for quality systems and the quality of work
- Quick learner and data smart
- Team spirit
- To become part of a recognized international company
- Talented colleagues and a pleasant working environment
- Hard work but also lots of fun
- Tailormade training and courses with opportunities for own development
- A competitive compensation and benefits package
- 6 weeks of annual leave
- A meaningful job with one of Norway’s most attractive employers. We are ranked #3 in the Young Professional Attractiveness Index 2020 and Norway’s most attractive employer 2019 by Randstad.
For further information, please contact:
We are the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.