Duty Station: MalmÃ¶, Sweden
The World Maritime University (WMU) in MalmÃ¶, Sweden is a postgraduate maritime university founded by the International Maritime Organization (IMO), a specialized agency of the United Nations. Established by an IMO Assembly Resolution in 1983, the aim of WMU is to further enhance the objectives and goals of IMO and IMO member states around the world through education, research, and capacity building on maritime and ocean related matters to ensure safe, secure, and efficient shipping on clean oceans. WMU is truly an organization by and for the international maritime community. Further information regarding all aspects of the University can be found at www.wmu.se.
The United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) recognizes the importance of WMU of the IMO, as a centre of excellence for maritime education, research and capacity building: "[...] confirms its effective capacity-building role in the field of maritime transportation, policy, administration, management, safety, security and environmental protection, as well as its role in the international exchange and transfer of knowledge [...]."
Under the direct supervision of the Manager, Office of the President, the incumbent provides effective and efficient support to the Manager, Office of the President through management of information and documentation flow, organization of/preparation for meetings and follow-up on actions required and deadlines/commitments made, maintenance of protocol procedures, supporting communications between the Office of the President and other divisions on relevant issues, among others.
Under the direct supervision of the Manager, Office of the President, the incumbent will in particular provide the following support services:
- Assist with efficient discreet management of the calendar, agenda, meetings and appointments for the Office of the President;
- Provide support with administration of travel management, as required, incl. itinerary, hotel reservations, preparation of travel authorizations, processing requests for visas, and other documents, etc.;
- Assist with protocol and official representation activities;
- Maintain a filing/archiving system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials; contribute to development and use of an automated filing system;
- Provide support with the organization of regular and ad-hoc meetings; preparation of meeting minutes/summaries of actions to be taken;
- Provide support with the logistical, administrative and financial arrangements, to organize meetings, events, and workshops for the Office of the President;
- Maintain a roster of Office of the President contacts; update electronic mailing lists;
- Assist with editing and creation of communication materials; assist with developing internal communication materials such as for the Office of the President intranet;
- Draft correspondences and responses, and ensure follow-up actions as requested;
- Coordinate with Corporate Services, Finance and Administrative Services, Information and Technology Services, as well as other relevant units, assist with logistical planning and administrative support activities of the Office of the President;
- Assist with the development of an electronic donor relation management information system;
- Assist with collating data, drafting reports, background notes and other briefing and communication materials;
- Provide support with designing business process and workflows for the Office of the President;
- Undertake all other administrative tasks as may be required or assigned by the Supervisor.
- The successful candidate will have a high school diploma or equivalent.3 Desirable
- Bachelorâs degree or equivalent qualification business, public administration, information systems, sustainable development, environment, social sciences, or a related field. Experience Essential
- Have a minimum of five years of experience in administrative, communications, information systems, knowledge management or programme management (desirable in the UN system, international organizations or higher education academic environments); Languages Essential
- Fluency in spoken and written English. Desirable
- Good understanding in spoken and written Swedish.
- Knowledge of another UN language would be an advantage. Desirable Qualifications, Competencies and Professional Experience
- An understanding of WMU and its mission, and strong commitment to the delivery of the highest practicable standards in pursuing its mandate;
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and political acumen;
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills;
- Be proactive and have the ability to work effectively and accurately with little guidance and supervision;
- Be able to work in an international environment with English as the primary language;
- Be flexible in coordinating multiple projects and meeting deadlines;
- Have effective communication skills in an international and multicultural academic environment;
- Demonstrate flexibility, motivation, enthusiasm and tact;
- Have a good level of Computer literacy (experience with Google workspace, Microsoft Office365, dashboards, ERP system, analytical tools, or Adobe software is desirable).
This vacancy is open to female and male candidates. WMU seeks to increase the number of women at all levels and, therefore, qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply. WMU will make every effort to facilitate the employment of persons with disabilities.
Applicants must fill in the Personal history form and send a letter of interest, a complete CV, and the contact information of three referees to Marco Batista, Head of Human Resources (firstname.lastname@example.org). This position is only open to persons legally authorized to live and work in Sweden. The selected candidate will be locally recruited.
Deadline for Applications: 23 May 2021.
Ãppen fÃ¶r alla
Vi fokuserar pÃ¥ din kompetens, inte dina Ã¶vriga fÃ¶rutsÃ¤ttningar. Vi Ã¤r Ã¶ppna fÃ¶r att anpassa rollen eller arbetsplatsen efter dina behov.