About BW Epic Kosan
We are a leading owner and operator of 77 modern fully pressurised, semi-refrigerated and ethylene capable gas carriers providing seaborne services for the transportation of liquified petroleum gas (LPG), petrochemicals and other speciality gases worldwide. We are headquartered in Singapore, with offices in Copenhagen, London, Manila and Tokyo. Our vessels serve as a crucial link in the international gas supply chain of leading oil majors and commodity trading houses globally. We employ approximately 2000 seafarers and a multi-national team of about 200 shore-based staff.
DESIGNATION : CHARTERING MANAGER – COPENHAGEN OFFICE
Are you interested in joining an expanding and dynamic commercial chartering team at BW Epic Kosan (BWEK) with a global reach? Does our core values CARE (Collaborative, Ambitious, Reliable and Enduring) resonate with you?
Then we would be delighted to hear from you!
We are looking for a highly motivated Chartering Manager to join our expanding commercial desk working out of the heart of the maritime hub in Copenhagen reporting to the Head of Chartering, West of Suez. You will be a key team member and play a crucial part in ensuring the optimal employment of our GAS fleet worldwide with a focus on our customers in the Western basin.
- Execute the daily marketing/fixtures of BWEK’s fleet with the focus being West of Suez within the assigned area in close collaboration with the rest of the Chartering team
- Continuously and actively communicate with charterers, brokers and BWEK offices as well as other market players ensuring BWEK access to relevant and important market information
- Together with the team responsible for optimal fleet utilization and secure employment of the fleet. Actively participating in the scheduling of tonnage
- Continuously review and propose current as well as new opportunities for employment of the BWEK controlled fleet challenging the status quo
- Ensure during the decision-making that economic, risk/reward and business-like assessment are made always seeking to optimize returns to BWEK’s business while protecting our name/brand in the market
- Responsible for providing all relevant information to the operations department to ensure first-class and efficient service level to our customers and business partners
- On a regular basis visit designated customers to maintain relationships as well as develop and expand new business opportunities by staying relevant and attuned to what is happening in the market
- Assist in department reporting and ad-hoc projects as assigned by Head of Chartering – West of Suez
- You have a relevant educational background and/or experience within the industry
- You thrive in an international fast-paced environment
- You are structured and have a strong business acumen
- You are a team player
- You can react swiftly and decisively during the decision-making process handling numerous dealings at the same time, yet being controlled ensuring proper cost-benefit analysis on every transaction
- You stay attuned to the macroenvironment impacting our daily business
- You are willing and able to work across various time zones while ensuring timely and effective communication both internally and externally
- You act with integrity and contribute to open and constructive communication delivering on our promises to both customers and colleagues
- You have strong interpersonal skills enabling you to establish solid relation- and partnerships with customers and market players as well as collaborate closely across various internal departments
- You ensure our business is conducted in accordance with BWEK’s values and with a focus on our Vision and Mission
- You are result-oriented and a driven team player with sound analytical and negotiation skills
- You have a proactive and pragmatic approach combined with a positive attitude with a cultural understanding and awareness
- You are ideally familiar with IMOS VIP, ReMark and PowerBI
What can we offer?
- A position as Chartering Manager in an internationally recognized company within the industry
- A unique opportunity to work for one of the most progressive companies in the industry
- A fast-paced challenging and international working environment
- Working alongside an ambitious, dedicated and competent team of colleagues who collaborate and work together as a team
- We care for and invest in our people and offer rewarding career opportunities
- Competitive compensation package which reflects your experience and qualifications alongside an attractive benefit package
For any further information or questions about the positions, please reach out to Christian F. Grønlund, Head of Chartering – West of Suez on +45 23 35 33 89 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We will evaluate applications on an ongoing basis wherefore we encourage interested candidates to apply soonest possible.
Please submit your application via the apply button.
Information for Recruitment Agencies:
Please be informed that BW Epic Kosan operates on a Preferred Supplier List (PSL) and will not be accepting unsolicited applications from non-PSL agencies.
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.