Imagine a future where you’ll optimise the design and operation of our worldwide wind farms
Join us in this role where you’ll deep dive into the design and modelling of wind turbines and be an essential player in optimising the performance of our operating WTGs. You’ll lead the design, implementation, and tests of aerodynamic and controller features for approx. 50 % of your time. You’ll also have the opportunity to be part of technical due diligence and support the design of new wind farms to develop and maintain our aeroelastic tool, DEFLEX, and to develop DEFLEX models for our existing and future offshore wind farms.
Welcome to Metocean & Loads
You’ll be part of the WTG Modelling & Technology team where you, together with your colleagues, will support the Advanced Analytics (AA) lab by identifying opportunities to optimise the operation of our wind turbines. In the department, we assess wind and marine conditions for our future offshore wind farms and calculate loads for the design of offshore wind turbine structures. In general, we support our organisation with expert knowledge on issues related to loads, aerodynamics, and control as well as feasibility and concept studies and detailed design and follow-up in the operations phase.
You’ll play an important role in:
- making analysis of fleet performance together with AA lab data scientists
- performing root cause analyses of suboptimal performance and identifying potential improvements
- scoping new initiatives based on quick feasibility studies and providing technical support.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a master’s degree in engineering and extensive proven experience in building aeroelastic models and calculating loads on wind turbines, preferably from a wind turbine manufacturer
- possess advanced knowledge of structural dynamics and aeroelasticity
- have a deep understanding of rotor aerodynamics and control and protection systems in relation to loads and stability
- have strong programming skills in MATLAB and/or Python
- excel at creating and maintaining relations and are influential, persistent, and a fluent communicator.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 25 July 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Juan José Garcia Quirante, Senior Lead Specialist, on +4599552490 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
About the job
Application deadline: 25 July 2021
Workplace: Gentofte, Skærbæk
Working hours: Full-time
Employment type: Permanent
Juan José Garcia Quirante
Senior Lead Specialist
- 6,000 employees worldwide.
- Headquartered in Denmark and located in 13 countries.
- Ørsted develops, constructs and operates offshore and onshore wind farms, solar farms, energy storage facilities, and bioenergy plants, and provides energy products to its customers.
- Our vision is to create a world that runs entirely on green energy.
An inclusive team
Ørsted wants all employees to have the same opportunities for impact and growth, regardless of age, nationality, disability, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation or beliefs. We’re committed to secure an inclusive work environment characterised by a respect for all people so everyone feels free to openly share their input and ideas.
What we offer
- Pension scheme, health insurance and five weeks of holiday entitled by the Danish Holiday Act. In addition to the five weeks of holiday, you’ll also receive a total of 10 paid days off for holiday purposes and fixed holidays per holiday year. For new employees, the allocation of paid holidays is made on a pro rata basis, depending on the date of employment.