TRS is looking for an experienced WTG Inspector for a contract position, based in Viksjo, Sweden.
This is a contract position based in Sweden, Monday to Friday, no rotation.
The client is an Energy Developer and you will be working on one of their new onshore wind farm projects.
We are ideally looking to speak to candidates based in Sweden or Norway.
• Excellent judgement and decision-making skills
• Effective oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate effectively in English
• Excellent interpersonal skills and problem-solving ability
• Able to liaise with other departments/clients where necessary
• Experience of the engineering involved in large scale offshore wind energy projects
• Experience of dealing with external partners
• Mechanical and/or Electrical Engineering Qualification
• Authority to make technical decisions within this work package after consulting the WTG Package Manager (WTG PM)
• The right to obtain and receive all information relevant to the WTG manufacturing, transport, installation, commissioning and operation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• WTG inspections and management of defects and defect register
• Approval of commissioning and WTG certificates
• Contact person (internal and external) for technical clarifications of the WTG commissioning
• Support WTG PM in project reporting;
• Support WTG PM in package related interface management;
• Liaison with subcontractors for solving technical issues;
• Undertake adequate safety walks on site in order to ensure that the work is being carried out in a safely manner
• Responsible for the management of all interfaces between the contract packages;
• Review and comment on reliability of the design, compliance with the relevant specifications, design standards adopted by the contractors and design procedures proposed by the contractors.
• Monitor and review the project contractor’s implementation activities to ensure that all WTG works is delivered, and commissioned to time and budget and meet the required performance standards;
• Review of contractors’ final documentation to ensure that the documentation meets the contractual requirements.