Your career is safe with us
We have a great opportunity for a top-notch QHSE Manager. It’s an influential role in a global team dedicated to saving lives at sea. VIKING is a world leader in maritime safety – and QHSE is at the core. We’re looking for an experienced colleague who can help us drive QHSE through our organization in cooperation with all our great colleagues.
As the Global QHSE Manager you will have the responsibility of leading VIKING’s QHSE agenda. Our clients include some of the world’s largest shipowners, oil majors and energy developers. Our mission is to protect human lives all over the world and this requires exceptional quality. If you are passionate about delivering at the very highest standards, this is a great chance to join an ambitious company with continuous growth.
Our QHSE, Legal and Academy division (QLA) is located at VIKING’s headquarters in Esbjerg, Denmark. We need you to help us ensure flawless performance of 100,000+ products and services VIKING delivers worldwide. Lives depend on our safety equipment and we are committed to our best-in-class status, which includes continuous improvement.
Your insights, structured approach and drive come into play when you work together with over 50 talented QHSE colleagues and 2800+ colleagues globally. Your role is key in a fast-paced and collaborative environment, and you will be able to take advantage of the latest digital tools and best practices in quality standards which have been customized for VIKING from the automotive, energy and oil & gas industries.
Because quality and safety is central to everything we do at VIKING, you will interact regularly with the rest of the organization, including top management. From your base in Esbjerg, Denmark you will lead a team of 5 dedicated QHSE employees. As part of the QHSE team, you will report directly to the VP of QLA. In the short or long term there are career opportunities for the right person at Director level.
As we are a global organization you can expect up to 50 travel days per year depending on possible COVID-19 restrictions, of course.
Your primary responsibilities:
- Working with the QHSE team to further develop and implement the highest quality and safety standards
- Contributing to and driving VIKING´s sustainability transformation within QHSE
- Working in close collaboration with VIKING’s top management and the broader organization to develop, implement and transform our strategy for global quality standards
- Utilizing best practices including methods, tools and processes and driving the development of potentially new practices
- Occasionally engaging directly with customers, including the world’s largest shipowners, oil majors and energy developers
What we require:
- 10+ years in a similar position within a large global organization and experience within the shipping, aviation, automotive, energy or similar industries
- Ability to navigate around a global organization with passionate stakeholders
- Strong experience with ISO standards, APQP-PPAP, SQM etc.
- A solid theoretical background relevant to the position
- A successful track record of developing, delivering and implementing state of the art QHSE performance standards worldwide
- Ability to manage and contribute to performance across the full value chain
- You strongly identify with VIKING´s values and mission
In a truly global organization as ours, you have the ability to express yourself fluently in Danish and English. Knowledge of German or Spanish is an advantage, but not a requirement.
On a personal level, you feel comfortable communicating on all organizational levels. You have a strong commercial mindset, are ambitious, self-driven and have a positive and results-oriented attitude. Further you thrive in a busy environment where cooperation is a must. So, obviously, you are a team player.
Your VIKING journey begins here:
We are seeking to fill this position as soon as possible, but we are ready to wait for the right candidate. Please submit your letter of application and CV - in Danish or English - using the “send application” button located at the top-right of this page.
Applicants will be contacted on an ongoing basis, and we will fill the position as soon as we have found the right candidate. Applications will be handled confidentially and according to all data protection regulations.
If you have questions about the position or the company, please contact either People & Organization - Senior Global HR Business Partner Jane Simonsen, by calling +45 2542 8269 or the Vice President of QLA, Tim Engell Pedersen, by calling +45 2542 8110 or emailing TEP@viking-life.com.