Do you have proven experience working closely with Stakeholders and hold a confident approach with building and maintaining a wide range of relationships? Do you hold relevant knowledge or experience working in ports with a “safety first” approach? Are you seeking a role that offers the opportunity to develop both personally and professionally? Here in the EMEA Vessel Department, we are seeking an enthusiastic individual to join our highly skilled team, taking charge of trucking to port operations and vessel operations within the EMEA port locations. This is a very exciting opportunity for an individual who is seeking a hands on role, with leadership mindset and the opportunity to take on responsibilities and thrive.
Sales > Global Supply Chain > EMEA Vessel Operation
The Vessel Coordinator will be positioned in the EMEA Vessel Department, covering operations in EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa). The department has the responsibility to get oversized-, heavy-lift and general transport components in time and on budget onto our new construction sites, our production facilities and the service facilities within the EMEA locations. The vessel coordinator will be in charge of trucking to port operations of main components and vessel operations within the EMEA Port locations.
The ideal candidate will be able to work alone as the transport colleagues, stakeholders.
- Plan, manage, and monitor trucking from Production Business Units to ports in EMEA region
- Plan, manage, and monitor vessel operations out of - into the region and prepare scope of supply for transport sourcing (vessels)
- Be responsible for all aspects of post fixture of chartered vessels and ensure proper execution of the charter party/ Handle claims related to the fulfilment of the contract or the operation of the vessel
- Coordinate quality inspections with external quality inspectors and investigate/support problem-solving of delivery and transport quality issues
- Evaluate the supplier and transportation quality/ Monitor and report transport risks
- Ensure products and materials are received, shipped and stored in a timely and cost-effective manner / Ensure execution of component transportation adhering to transport budget
- Ensure timely reporting, feedback and communication to relevant stakeholders and coordinate with them in case of delays or damages and provide project budgets regarding shipments
- Education within the shipping area: forwarding merchant, shipping agent, shipping broker, or similar
- Have an extensive practical knowledge of the various charter parties used in the chartering of vessels including their structure, negotiation, modification, interpretation and application
- Several years of experience working with global shipping - handling/ transaction, chartering processes
- Knowledge of the Maritime Business, with a minimum of 3 years of experience inside a main presence of shipping industry, especially execution/post fixture of charters on voyage basis
- Some experience with oversized materials/ components is an advantage
- Solid commercial knowledge related with cost controlling is necessary
- High verbal and written communication skills in English is required; Chinese language skills are desirable
- Strategic skills and ability to manoeuvre among various stakeholders
- Established investigative skills - ability to identify details and to draw and communicate conclusions
- Action and result-oriented person with significantly developed team work skills
What we offer
This position offers great opportunities for cross functionality and personal development by working with transport in a large global organization having highly specialized and professional colleagues.
Please apply no later than 31st July 2021.
Vestas is proud to be the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Vestas strives to be the most inclusive workplace in the sustainable energy industry and ensure equal opportunities for everyone regardless of the social identity. We are stronger as a company not despite our differences, but because of them, both professionally and personally. Beyond a diverse workforce, we want to ensure that all of our employees are included and actively contributing to Vestas’ success and innovation. Only then can we become the global leader in sustainable energy solutions and ensure sustainability in everything we do.
At Vestas, we offer global opportunities for people with growth mindsets and the desire to make a shared and positive impact. We work in the true spirit of our corporate values: accountability, simplicity, collaboration, and passion. We expect everyone to live up to these in their day to day work – no matter what you do and where you are in the organisation.
Learn more about Vestas at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels