Turbine Package Manager Offshore Wind
Contact Name:Adair Jonathan Elderberg
Education Preferred:Bachelor or Master's degree
Experience Preferred:7 - 10 Years
Closing Date:Aug 7 2021
We're 20,000 colleagues in more than 30 countries delivering oil, gas, wind and solar power to 170 million people worldwide. Taking on tough energy challenges is our job. Right now, we're facing an enormous task: supplying the world with the energy it needs, while lowering emissions.
We're up for the challenge. Are you?
The positionBy joining our team in Renewables you will have the opportunity to:
- Lead & ‘package manage’ WTG related activities for one or several offshore wind projects, at various phases of project maturity, including coordinating communications, meetings, and information exchange with WTG Suppliers, project partners and other project disciplines.
- Support early phase projects with concept selection, development and contributing to project bid writing, whilst transferring lessons learned from operations and execution projects, and identifying, managing, and controlling or mitigating projects risks related to WTG.
- Participate in technical due diligence activities towards WTG suppliers and new WTG technology, including assessment of WTG design, certification process, manufacturing, delivery, installation, commissioning etc.
- Participate in WTG Supplier interactions to ensure best market knowledge, and provide future-looking technical competence and guidance within the WTG discipline.
- Participate in WTG procurement processes, including development of WTG procurement strategies, preparation of tender documents (together with procurement specialists), assessment and evaluation of tender returns, and contract negotiations with WTG suppliers.
- Interact and coordinate with other disciplines, e.g. Foundation, marine installation, wind resource, O&M etc.
- Lead follow-up of WTG supplier during execution phase, including attendance at e.g. FAT, SAT, commissioning, and installation activities.
Some qualities are essential for Equinor. You identify with our values, open, collaborative, courageous and caring, which guide our decisions and help us succeed and grow. You make safety your priority and contribute to our zero-harm culture. For this position, we are also looking for:
- Master’s degree in Engineering, or other relevant discipline.
- 7 years or more relevant experience in offshore wind or related sector. E.g. experience from wind project development, operations, commissioning, installation, offshore wind contractor follow-up or WTG supplier follow-up.
- Knowledge and understanding of offshore wind principles and WTG technical and commercial drivers.
- Knowledge, understanding and experience with/of WTG supplier market.
- Good interpersonal, intercultural and negotiation skills – position requires teamwork across disciplines and organisational boundaries, identifying and managing internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to be proactive, work independently, deliver your own ideas and results, and perform high quality work within tight deadlines
Please attach copies of your diplomas, certificates and grades in English or a Scandinavian language. Applications submitted without necessary attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated. If you are in the process of completing a degree, please upload an official temporary transcript or other document describing subjects and grades completed to this point.
Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process. All permanent and temporary hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law.
At Equinor, we care about each other as much as our business. That's why we offer:
- Not just a job; a career. In Equinor, your development begins on day one. You will build your competence through a wide range of learning activities while being empowered to build your career across multiple disciplines and geographies. Our internal job market allows endless opportunities for development and growth within your own field or in other interesting and relevant areas for you.
- Attractive rewards. We offer a comprehensive benefits package with competitive salaries, global parental leave, variable pay schemes and a share savings plan.
- Wellness and work-life balance. Our employees' well-being is a priority. We recognise that for you to be the best version of yourself in the workplace, being able to collect your children, attend a class or simply enjoy social time can be invaluable. That's why we encourage you to make use of our flexible work arrangements.
- An inclusive culture. We believe embracing our differences makes us stronger. For us true inclusion means being able to bring your whole self to work, and for everyone to feel accepted and valued.
For more information visit Equinor's website: https://www.equinor.com/